New Stark and AKS Safe Harbors and Exceptions for Value-Based Care
On December 2, 2020, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued final rules that amend the safe harbors to the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS). On the same date, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued final rules that amend the exceptions to the Stark Self-Referral Law.
The purpose of these final rules is to remove potential regulatory barriers to care coordination and value-based care, part of the Regulatory Sprint by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to accelerate the transformation of the health care system into one that better pays for value and promotes care coordination.
In this webinar, FTLF attorney Adam Falcone will provide an overview of the new exceptions and safe harbors for value-based care and explain the framework that OIG and CMS have used to define value-based. The course will also cover how the new exceptions and safe harbors might provide protections to health centers that participate in value-based arrangements.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- C-Suite: CEOs, CFOs, CMOs, COOs, and CCOs
- Compliance Staff
- Quality Improvement Staff
- Managed Care Contracting Staff
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Understand the purpose of the new safe harbors and exceptions for value-based care
- Describe value-based arrangements that would be protected by the new rules
- Modify existing arrangements to comply with the new rules
Adam J. Falcone is a Partner in FTLF’s national health law practice group, where he counsels a diverse spectrum of community-based organizations that render primary and behavioral healthcare services. Adam counsels clients on a wide range of health law issues, with a focus on fraud and abuse, reimbursement and payment, and antitrust and competition matters. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite: CEOs, CFOs, CMOs, COOs, and CCOs; Compliance Staff; Quality Improvement Staff; and Managed Care Contracting Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.