Drafting Policies and Contracts for Virtual Services
The adoption of telehealth as a modality to provide a range of services is rapidly expanding throughout the Health Center Project, fueled by the COVID-19 public health emergency. Adopting policies that govern the provision of care via telehealth is essential to support this expansion in a clinically and operationally appropriate manner, and to promote compliance with applicable laws.
In fact, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) recently issued Program Assistance Letter (PAL) 2020-01: Telehealth and Health Center Scope of Project, establishing that HRSA “strongly encourages” health centers that provide or are planning to provide health services via telehealth to maintain written telehealth policies that are compliant with Health Center Program requirements; Federal, State, and local requirements; and applicable standards of practice.
In addition to establishing written policies, health centers must also assess whether and how telehealth activities will be supported via contractual arrangements with other providers. Such transactional relationships, while often essential to the provisions of services via telehealth, raise a host of operational and legal considerations, including but not limited to compliance with the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and HRSA requirements applicable to contracting for in-scope services.
This webinar will outline key elements that should be incorporated into your organization’s telehealth policies and will provide sample language that specifically addresses key HRSA-related requirements. In addition, this webinar will describe contracting opportunities, best practices, and the key risk areas, with information regarding the requirements to align such transactions with a “safe harbor” to the federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Administrative/Operations Leadership and Staff
- Compliance Officers
- Contract Management Staff
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Identify key state laws, regulations, and licensing requirements that are applicable to the provision of services via telehealth
- Begin the process of drafting a telehealth policy and procedure that addresses HRSA-related requirements
- Navigate contracting considerations, with a better understanding of best practices and the key applicable federal laws
- Understand the standards that must be satisfied to align a transaction with an applicable “safe harbor” to the federal Anti-Kickback Statute
CARRIE BILL RILEY
Carrie Bill Riley is a Partner in the health law practice group. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including Title X grantees and subrecipeints, and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. Carrie also provides counsel on transactional matters, including formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training arrangements. Prior to going to law school, Carrie worked at a Title X regional training center for several years. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Administrative/Operations Leadership and Staff, Compliance Officers, and Contract Management Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.