Building for the Future: Mastering Succession Planning
In today's rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, organizations face the critical challenge of ensuring a seamless transition of leadership as key individuals retire, move on, or face unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Succession planning has not only become an indispensable strategic tool for health centers, empowering them to proactively identify, develop, and retain high-potential employees who can step into critical roles when needed, but it is also a required element for federally qualified health centers as per the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule (42 CFR 491.12(a)(3)).
Join us for this webinar where we will discuss concepts of effective succession planning and related regulatory requirements, as well as guide you through the process of developing a robust succession strategy for your organization.
- C-Suite Members, including CEOs and COOs
- Compliance Officers/Risk Managers
- Human Resources Directors/Managers
- Operations Staff
- Emergency Managers
- Clinic Directors
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the definition, importance, requirements, and key benefits of succession planning, including its role in driving business continuity, mitigating risk, and fostering a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Identify critical roles within your health center to effectively focus your succession efforts and training where they matter most.
- Explore common challenges and pitfalls encountered during succession planning initiatives.
A Partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce-related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Alex Lipovtsev serves as Manager of Compliance and Risk Management Services with the firm's health care practice group. He assists in developing, implementing, and managing the firm's compliance and risk management training and technical assistance services. A former Senior Director of Emergency Management at the Community Health Care Association of New York State, he is also a licensed clinical social worker. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite Members, including CEOs and COOs, Compliance Officers/Risk Managers, Human Resources Directors/Managers, Operations Staff, Emergency Managers, Clinic Directors
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.