Scope-Related Program Requirements and Benefits
This webinar is part of the Deconstructing Scope of Project: A Deep Dive into Scope Concepts and Forms webinar series and can be purchased individually or as part of the series. To purchase the full series, click here.
Part III of the Deconstructing Scope of Project webinar series
The term “Scope of Project” is one of the most complex and misunderstood components of the Health Center Program, yet it remains critical to the oversight and management of all health centers – both grantees funded under Section 330 and organizations designated as “look-alikes.” This webinar series was created to help you better understand what scope of project is, distinguish between in-scope and out-of-scope activities, and position your organization to design a scope of project that meets the needs of your patients and community.
Part III of this webinar series will explain how a health center’s defined scope of project impacts:
- HRSA programmatic requirements
- Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) coverage
- 340B Drug Pricing Program eligibility
- Other health center benefits
Using examples from the field, we will also highlight key risk areas and common pitfalls, providing practical tips to help you better align your scope of project with these key health center program obligations and benefits.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Health center executive staff
- Administrative / operations staff
- Financial Leadership
- Compliance officers
- Staff who submit FTCA deeming information and oversee FTCA coverage
- Pharmacy/340B staff
- Other staff assisting with the maintenance and submission of applications/forms to HRSA
- Board members
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of scope of project on compliance with general programmatic requirements.
- Describe how FTCA coverage intersects with scope of project.
- Discuss how scope of project relates to 340B Drug Pricing Program eligibility.
- Identify key scope of project risk areas and common pitfalls of these key health center program requirements and benefits.
CARRIE BILL RILEY
Carrie Bill Riley is a Partner in the health law practice group. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including Title X grantees and subrecipeints, and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. Carrie also provides counsel on transactional matters, including formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training arrangements. Prior to going to law school, Carrie worked at a Title X regional training center for several years. [Full Bio]
Jason focuses his practice on the federal 340B drug discount program and the complex legal and compliance issues facing safety net providers, pharmacies, and other 340B program stakeholders. Jason began his career representing pharmaceutical manufacturers before finding his passion helping 340B program covered entities, including disproportionate share hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinics, and other grantees navigate the 340B program. [Full Bio]
A partner at the firm, Marcie specializes in health care law, particularly in the areas of federal grants, grant-related requirements and grants management related to the federal health center program. Health centers turn to Marcie as a resource for knowing not only the letter of the law, but also the likely interpretation of requirements by federal policymakers, including the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.50 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 5 of the 7 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health center executive staff, administrative/operations staff, financial leadership, compliance officers, staff who submit FTCA deeming information and oversee FTCA coverage, pharmacy/340B staff, other staff assisting with the maintenance and submission of applications/forms to HRSA, and board members
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to five (5) out of seven (7) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.25 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.