Environmental Health & Safety
Health and safety issues have been a leading cause of deficiencies for Head Start and Early Head Start programs over the last several years. The transition to five-year grants and the Designation Renewal System (DRS) increased the impact of deficiency findings and caused many Head Start agencies to wonder how they can protect their programs. Just as in past years, Head Start monitors will continue to focus on environmental health and safety issues for FY2018 under the new Aligned Monitoring System 2.0.
In light of these factors, many Head Start programs have become fearful of even making any health and safety reports to the Office of Head Start (“OHS”) and are confused about just how to interpret the reporting requirements under the Head Start Program Performance Standards. Recently, the OHS issued guidance that seems to grant more flexibility for required reporting. But what does that mean for your program?
This webinar will explore common environmental health and safety findings that result in deficiencies and help you determine when you should make a report to OHS.
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- No refunds for no-shows; however, if requested, the registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.