Ryan White Programs & COVID-19
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (“RWHAP”) providers have the dual challenge of meeting the needs of their patient population and managing the rapidly changing federal program landscape. The message from our government colleagues is commendably about flexibility, but unfortunately those messages often stop short of assurances that costs will not later be disallowed. While there are good reasons for that, we also understand that details matter in this framework and you will not be able to go back in time to fix mistakes when the audits come.
Please join FTLF attorneys Jason Reddish and Scott Sheffler to discuss RWHAP in the COVID world. Jason and Scott will provide a detailed discussion of:
- What has and has not been put in writing by OMB, HHS, HRSA, and HAB;
- Overviews of new special leave requirements and how to implement them wisely in a federally funded RWHAP program environment;
- The supplemental funding landscape for RWHAP – in particular the $90 million appropriated in the CARES Act for RWHAP – to be awarded through a “data driven” supplemental formula to current grantees, and which is not subject to the 75% core medical minimum;
- Related programs like the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program about which you have likely heard so much and a similar Treasury program for larger businesses about which you have likely heard less.
Jason and Scott regularly assist RWHAP grantees with programmatic and grant management compliance and represent HHS recipients in audit resolution and appeals. Please join us for direct, practical answers on the unique federal program challenges faced in the COVID-19 environment.
Ryan White (RWHAP) grantee:
- Other Finance Department staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the overarching mechanisms in the federal COVID-19 response impacting the RWHAP;
- Discuss strategies to address challenges related to RWHAP program and grant management in the COVID-19 environment; and
- Evaluate opportunities and risk areas relevant to RWHAP providers in the ongoing development of federal response efforts.
Jason focuses his practice on the federal 340B drug discount program and the complex legal and compliance issues facing safety net providers, pharmacies, and other 340B program stakeholders. Jason began his career representing pharmaceutical manufacturers before finding his passion helping 340B program covered entities, including disproportionate share hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinics, and other grantees navigate the 340B program. [Full Bio]
A Partner with the firm in the Federal Grants and Health Law practice groups, Scott advises clients on matters of federal grant law, government contract law, and health care law. Scott assists clients with the myriad requirements that apply upon acceptance of federal grant funding, including the administrative requirements and cost principles established in the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars that preceded the Uniform Guidance, and program-specific statutory and regulatory funding conditions. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs, CFOs, Other Finance Department staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.