Communication with Patients with Disabilities and Limited English Proficiency: Compliance Requirements Under Section 1557 of the ACA (August 2017)
- Providing language assistance services for individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP);
- Ensuring effective communication with individuals with disabilities;
- Establishing grievance procedures and designating an employee as compliance coordinator; and,
- Informing individuals about nondiscrimination and accessibility requirements.
- This webinar will provide an overview of the requirements and the impact on health center operations as well as tips and tools for compliance.
Dianne K. Pledgie
Certificates of Attendance are available for all webinars (both live and recorded) for the registered attendee upon completion of the webinar.
A blank Certificate of Attendance will be available for organizations to issue to attendees that viewed the webinar (either live or on-demand). Due to the online nature of the training course, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP does not certify that the attendee actually viewed the course. A supervisor at the organization should sign the certificate, and therefore, certifies that the attendee viewed the course.
Attendance record forms are available for all webinars (live and on-demand) and can be utilized to record the attendance of numerous staff members for internal purposes.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.