Before You Dig: What Health Centers Need to Know About C8E Construction and Capital Improvement Grants
The second piece of major funding for health centers under the American Rescue Plan Act provides for construction and capital improvement projects. While these “C8E” grants are considerably less as a dollar-amount than the recent H8F grants, the legal complexity is considerably greater. This webinar will cover 1) the terms of the C8E awards; 2) federal interest rules and the SF 428 and 429; 3) landlord letters of consent for those considering leasehold improvements; and 4) procurement rules under the Uniform Guidance to ensure that your Health Center gets it right. Throughout we will discuss what you should consider as you prepare your grant application, which is due June 24, 2021.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- C-Suite / Leadership
- Program Directors / Site Directors
- Finance and Accounting Personnel
- Grants Managers
- Compliance Officers and Risk Managers
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Define special terms and conditions of the new C8E grant awards
- Apply federal interest rules to your proposed project
- Describe reporting obligations under the SF 428 for tangible personal property and the SF 429 for real property
- Explain procurement rules applicable to expenditures under the C8E
- Understand additional considerations for your C8E grant application
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. Ted's priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite / Leadership, Program Directors / Site Directors, Finance and Accounting Personnel, Grants Managers, Compliance Officers and Risk Managers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.