Safeguarding Healthcare: Behind the HIPAA Headlines
Digital technologies are transforming the ways health centers deliver healthcare to their communities. With the exponential growth of telemedicine, electronic health records (EHRs), interconnected devices and cloud-based platforms, the need for health centers to have robust cybersecurity systems in place has never been more critical. Understanding risks and establishing effective cybersecurity programs not only will help health centers protect patient safety and privacy, but will also mitigate negative impacts on organizations' clinical, financial and reputational outcomes.
FTLF invites you to join us for this webinar as part of Cybersecurity Awareness Month activities. During the training, attendees will learn about the latest developments in cybersecurity issues affecting health centers, including HIPAA headlines, proposed changes, cyber incident reporting and others. The presenters will also discuss best practices for compliance and risk management and review available resources.
The on-demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Compliance Officers/Risk Managers
- HIPAA Privacy Officers
- HIPAA Security Officers
- Human Resources Directors/Managers
- Operations Staff
- Emergency Managers
- Health Center Directors
- Administrative and/or office staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the latest industry developments related to cybersecurity, information security and privacy through the lens of overall health center compliance.
- Identify standard frameworks to establish a strong cybersecurity foundation within a health center, e.g., the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard and the Department of Health and Human Services 405(d) Program.
- Recommend available resources to foster organizational cybersecurity-aware culture and promote employee education.
Alex Lipovtsev serves as Manager of Compliance and Risk Management Services with the firm's health care practice group. He assists in developing, implementing, and managing the firm's compliance and risk management training and technical assistance services. A former Senior Director of Emergency Management at the Community Health Care Association of New York State, he is also a licensed clinical social worker. [Full Bio]
Dianne Pledgie serves as Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health care practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. Dianne is a member of the New York and Massachusetts Bars and is not licensed in Washington, DC. Her practice is limited to federal health care matters. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Compliance officers/risk managers, HIPPA privacy officers, HIPPA security officers, human resources directors/managers, operations staff, emergency managers, health center directors, administrative and/or office staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.