Medicare for FQHCs Advanced
Please Note: This training is limited to community health centers and look-alikes. If you are not affiliated with a health center and would like to attend, please contact us.
As the Medicare population continues to grow and the complexity of the program increases, health centers need to improve their Medicare expertise in order to optimize care for Medicare patients, maximize Medicare payment, and avoid Medicare compliance pitfalls. The challenges and opportunities that FQHCs confront as Medicare safety net providers have only multiplied, as FQHCs navigate a public health emergency and seek new ways of using technology to provide care.
This two-day training is comprised of a “basics” day (Day One) and an “advanced topics” day (Day Two). On Day One, we will cover Medicare FQHC basics, ranging from enrollment rules and processes, to benefit components and qualifying visits, to the collection of patient coinsurance. The information will be useful for FQHC executives, revenue cycle and billing managers, and others – particularly team members who are new to the FQHC environment.
On Day Two, we will provide detailed discussion of “advanced” and cutting-edge FQHC Medicare topics. We will begin with an overview of the growing range of virtual and technology-enabled services FQHCs can now provide under Medicare, with a discussion of how the virtual services outlook may change after the expiration of the COVID-19 public health emergency. Then, we will provide an overview of the Medicare conditions for coverage for FQHCs, with particular focus on the new regulatory requirement of COVID-19 vaccination for facility staff. We will round out Day Two with discussion of issues involving Medicare-Medicaid dual eligible beneficiaries, as well as providing services under contract with Medicare Advantage (MA) plans and seeking FQHC supplemental payments for services provided to MA enrollees.
- Health Center CEOs
- Revenue cycle managers and billing managers
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand how FQHCs can enroll in Medicare, the variety of FQHC services Medicare will pay for, and what constitutes a “visit”
- Identify the types of virtual services that FQHCs may provide under Medicare
- Describe common billing and coding challenges that FQHCs encounter
- Identify strategies for expanding the range of Medicare services your health center can offer
Thursday, February 24, 2022
11:00 am - 3:00 pm ET
|11:00 am - 11:45 am||Telehealth and Virtual Visits in Medicare|
|11:45 am - 12:00 pm||Break|
|12:00 pm - 12:45 pm||Virtual Communication Service and Care Management|
|12:45 pm - 1:00 pm||Break|
|1:00 pm - 1:30 pm||The Medicare COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement, and, a Closer Look at the Medicare FQHC Conditions for Coverage|
|1:30 pm - 2:00 pm||Billing and Payment Issues Involving Multiple Payers|
|2:00 pm - 2:15 pm||Break|
|2:15 pm - 3:00 pm||FQHCs and Medicare Advantage|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-200-3822.
SUSANNAH VANCE GOPALAN
Susannah is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. Susannah brings regulatory expertise to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has experience negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 3.00 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Revenue cycle managers and billing managers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 3.25 Certificate of Attendance
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.