(Individual Registration) Acing Your Monitoring Review
Head Start has entered a new era – new paradigm (innovation v. compliance), new performance standards (flexible v. prescriptive), and a new monitoring protocol.
This intensive training is ideal for any Head Start leader that will play a part in monitoring. The small group format allows for robust discussion with your colleagues – other Head Start leaders – so that you can learn from other agencies.
The workshop will identify best practices that allow programs to be “review-ready” every day. Participants will also learn about strategies to prepare for a monitoring review, tips for acing the review itself, and contingency planning for unexpected events.
Among other things, this training will focus on:
- Learn the skills to ensure that your program maintains a culture of compliance and continuous improvement. The tips discussed will allow your program to be prepared for a review at any time.
Focus Area One: Among other objectives, you will learn:
- How to prepare for a Focus Area One review;
- What reviewers are after;
- Key compliance pitfalls;
- How to memorialize the Focus Area One review for a Head Start on Focus Area Two.
Focus Area Two: Among other objectives, you will learn:
- How to prepare for a Focus Area Two review;
- What reviewers are after;
- Key compliance pitfalls; and
- What to do if reviewers are reading the regulations incorrectly.
How is this training different?
It’s collaborative. Research shows that adults learn best in a collaborative setting. We’ve limited the training to a small group of participants so that trainers can lead participants in collaborative, solution-oriented discussions.
It’s active. This training is hands-on. Our experts will lead you in exercises to help you learn how to read statutes, regulations, and agency guidance critically so that when there are changes to the law you will be better equipped to understand and adapt to the changes.
It’s practical. You’ll leave this training with a roadmap to success, complete with to-do lists, best practices, and advice on policies and procedures.
Join our Head Start Practice Group Attorneys for a small group training that will provide you with the skills you need to succeed on new monitoring reviews.
Don’t delay - space is limited!
All are welcome, but we think people in the following roles will find it especially helpful:
- Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CMOs
- Executive Directors/ Head Start Program Directors
- HR Directors/Managers
- Other Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and key staff directly involved in review preparation
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the steps to ensure that your program maintains a culture of compliance
- Learn how to prepare for review events
- Learn key compliance pitfalls
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
|10:30 - 11:15 a.m.|
Overview of Head Start Monitoring
|11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Program Design, Management, and Quality Improvement
|12:00 - 12:15 p.m.||Break|
|12:15 - 1:15 p.m.||Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA)|
|1:15 - 2:00 p.m.|
|2:00 - 3:15 p.m.|
Health Program Services
|3:15 - 3:30 p.m.||Break|
|3:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|4:30 - 5:00 p.m.||Q&A and Wrap-Up|
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
|10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.||Fiscal Infrastructure|
|12:15 - 12:30 p.m.||Break|
12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
|1:15 - 2:00 p.m.||Break|
|2:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
Education and Child Development Services
|3:00 - 3:15 p.m.||Break|
|3:15 - 4:45 p.m.|
Family and Community Engagement Services
The Big 6: Tips for Making Sure the Review Goes Smoothly
|3:45 - 5:00 p.m.||Q&A and Wrap-Up|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-200-3822.
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at the firm, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Care practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Ted Waters has served as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and as a member of the Health Care and Federal Grants practices since 1992. Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. Ted's priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 11.00 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEO, Executive Director/ Head Start Director, CFO, COO, HR Director/ Manager
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 10.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 11.00 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
TRAINING IS NOT RECORDED
This training will not be recorded for later viewing, as we would like attendees to be comfortable and candid, sharing their experiences and asking scenario-based questions. The discourse between the attorneys and participants is a valued part of each training.
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 45 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 15 to 44 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted, subject to an administrative fee equal to 50% of the paid registration fee. Requests for transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 14 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
Cancellation of a registration with group pricing may result in the discount being revoked or reduced for the entire group.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.