Head Start Risk Management
THIS COURSE IS DAY 1 OF THE HEAD START RISK MANAGEMENT VIRTUAL WORKSHOP. TO REGISTER FOR THIS TRAINING, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Head Start programs face new operational risks and vulnerabilities as they decide whether or not to re-open or remain virtual this fall. This one-and-a-half day risk assessment training will walk through a series of questions to assess whether a program's written policies adequately handle key risks caused by the pandemic.
On Day 1, leading Head Start attorneys will review six areas related to operations during COVID-19 and will present the reasons why and how these areas pose specific risks. Utilizing a risk assessment tool, the presenters will teach attendees how to conduct an organizational self-assessment and determine whether a policy may need an update. Following an internal review, participants will gather for a half day to discuss questions and concerns after using the tool and to examine any gaps in written policies and how to address them.
The following topics will be covered:
- Technology and Information Systems
- Training and Professional Development
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- Emergency Preparedness/Health & Safety
- Human Resource Requirements
- Fiscal Management
A choice to continue virtual operations or reopen in the fall will place a stress on Head Start management systems and services. Attend this training to become better equipped now to assess and consider policies and situations that will impact the 2020-2021 programming year.
- Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, COOs, CMOs
- Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors
- CFOs, Finance Managers, and Finance Department Personnel
- Program Officers
After this training, you will be better able to:
- Understand the importance of risk mitigation using written policies during COVID-19;
- Complete complete a risk assessment of your existing policies for any gaps or questions; and
- Conduct a peer-to-peer session to update policies, procedures and systems to stay in compliance.
Thursday, August 13, 2020
10:30 am - 5:00 pm ET
|10:30 am - 10:45 am|
Introductions and Icebreaker
|10:45 am - 11:15 am|
Introduction to Risk Assessment & Importance of Written Policies and Procedures
|11:15 am - 11:30 am||Overview of Tool: Top Six Categories of Risk to Update Your Policies & Procedures|
|11:30 am - 12:00 pm||Category I: Record Keeping and Reporting|
|12:00 pm - 12:15 pm||Break|
|12:15 pm - 1:00 pm||Category II: Fiscal Management|
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm||Category III: Technology and Information Systems|
|1:45 pm - 2:30 pm||Break|
|2:30 pm - 3:15 pm||Category IV: Emergency Preparedness/Health & Safety|
|3:15 pm - 3:30 pm|
|3:30 pm - 4:15 pm||Category V: Human Resource Requirements|
|4:15 pm - 5:00 pm||Category VI: Training and Professional Development|
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET
|3:00 pm - 3:20 pm|
Review of Day 1
|3:20 pm - 3:50 pm||How to Handle the Results of Your Risk Assessment|
|3:50 pm - 4:00 pm||Break|
|4:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Breakout Sessions: Peer-to-Peer Review of Results|
|4:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
Wrap-Up and Q&A
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-200-3822.
An Associate in the firm's Health Law practice group, Noori assists with transactional matters as well as litigation pertaining to managed care, the Medicare and Medicaid programs, the 340B program, the federal anti-kickback and self-referral prohibitions, and the Federal Tort Claims Act. Complementing her legal experience, Noori is a registered nurse who previously worked on a medical-surgical floor in a DC hospital. She has basic medical code training and experience with hospital IT systems including EPIC Portfolio, EPremis, Medipac, Midas, and Aegis. [Full Bio]
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at FTLF, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Amanda is in an Associate with the firm’s Health Law and Federal Grant Law practice groups where she represents a variety of community-based organizations and federal grant recipients. She routinely counsels on matters of regulatory compliance and contracting, with a particular focus on guidance related to privacy issues like identifying privacy vulnerabilities and developing data sharing agreements. [Full Bio]
Serving as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Federal Grants, Health Law, and Litigation & Government Investigations practice groups, Kristen represents universities, non-profit and for-profit organizations facing legal actions under Federal health care and grant regulations in addition to the False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalties Laws. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Schwendinger served for nearly eight years as an attorney and senior counsel in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 8.50 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience:Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, COOs, CMOs; Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors; CFOs, Finance Managers, and Finance Department Personnel; and Program Officers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 7.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 8.50 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer without a fee will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.