Head Start Privacy Policies and Procedures
The Head Start Program Performance Standards require that every Head Start program implement data management procedures that are approved by the governing body and policy council. These procedures must address the “quality of data and effective use and sharing of data, while protecting the privacy of child records,” and are required to be in place by August 1, 2017.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP has developed the following comprehensive set of sample policies and procedures on sharing data and protecting privacy of child records:
- Sample Policy and Procedure Regarding Protections for the Privacy of Child Records;
- Sample Record Retention and Destruction Policy and Procedure; and
- Social Media: Sample Policy and Procedure.
FTLF’s detailed sample policies and procedures meet the requirements of the Head Start Act and Performance Standards. The sample policies and procedures are intended for HS/EHS programs across the country, but should be adapted to meet the unique needs of your program.
Please note: These policies and procedures are for internal use by your Head Start program only and should not with other organizations.
Registration for this tool will allow you access to three documents covering the following topics:
- Sample Policy and Procedure Regarding Protections for the Privacy of Child Records
- Sample Record Retention and Destruction Policy and Procedure
- Social Media: Sample Policy and Procedure
Please note: These policies and procedures are for internal use by your Head Start program only and should not be shared with other organizations.
FTLF Payment and Refund Policy: If you selected a payment option other than Credit Card, access to the sample policies and procedures will be granted once payment is received. No refunds will be offered on this tool.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.