Federal Funding Academy
Live, 3 Day Federal Grants Management Training
A three-day overview of the federal grants system, covering everything from the legal underpinnings of the system through procurement and subaward requirements, cost issues, and audit resolution.
Federal Grants Practice Group attorneys Ted Waters and Scott Sheffler and independent grants consultant Jerry Bertrand dive deeply into and lead you through in-depth discussions of regulatory language and effective implementation – particularly when the regulations are ambiguous. Impacts of the CARES Act and other COVID-19 pandemic-related declarations, funding, and flexibilities will be examined and explained.
At this highly interactive and at times humorous training session, you'll have plenty of opportunities for discussion with Ted, Scott, and Jerry. Take advantage of this opportunity to have your questions answered and to directly apply the knowledge you've gained from the training session.
INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION:
- Three days of education sessions focused on federal grants
- Networking opportunities with the trainers and your peers from across the country
- Q&A with attorneys who provide counsel and advice to federal grants recipients
Grant Professionals including:
- Executive Leadership including CEO's, CFO's and COO's
- Grant Specialists and Administrators
- Finance Department Personnel involved in Budgeting and Funds Management
- Grant Managers
- Program Officers
- Grant Officers
The training is suited to recipients managing grants in any federal grant program as well as personnel from nonprofits, local governments, institutions of higher education, and state governments.
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the federal financial assistance system underlying all grant awards;
- Discuss the specific regulatory requirements applicable to key areas of federal grant management, regardless of program;
- Describe the core concepts of financial management and cost allocation, and how to apply them; and
- Identify the major requirements of the Uniform Guidance, including procurement standards, subrecipient management requirements, and the allowable costs/ cost allocation system – as well as implementation strategies for each.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
10:30 am - 5:30 pm ET
|10:30 am - 11:00 am||Welcome and Overview|
|11:00 am - 12:30 pm||Understanding the Federal Grant System and the Grant Agreement|
|12:30 pm - 12:45 pm||Break|
|12:45 pm - 1:45 pm||Understanding the Federal Grant System and the Grant Agreement (Cont.)|
|1:45 pm - 2:15 pm||Break|
|2:15 pm - 3:45 pm||Subrecipient Relationships and Pass-through Entity Responsibilities|
|3:45 pm - 4:00 pm||Break|
|4:00 pm - 5:30 pm||Contracts Under Grants: The Procurement Standards|
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
10:30 am - 5:30 pm ET
|10:30 am - 11:30 am||Concurrent Sessions: Finding Common Ground: Grant Concerns by Program Area|
|11:30 am - 11:45 am||Break|
|11:45 am - 1:30 pm||Operationalizing Internal Control Standards and Requirements|
|1:30 pm - 2:00 pm||Break|
|2:00 pm - 3:30 pm||Cost Allocation, Indirect Cost, and Time & Effort|
|3:30 pm - 3:45 pm||Break|
|3:45 pm - 4:15 pm||Cost Allocation, Indirect Cost, and Time & Effort (Cont.)|
|4:15 pm - 5:30 pm||Federal Interest and Property Management / Match|
Thursday, December 17, 2020
10:30 am - 5:00 pm ET
|10:30 am - 11:30 am||Concurrent Sessions: Hot Topics in Grants Management|
|11:30 am - 11:45 am||Break|
|11:45 am - 1:15 pm||Conflicts of Interest|
|1:15 pm - 1:45 pm||Break|
|1:45 pm - 2:45 pm||Uniform Guidance Recent and Pending Changes|
|2:45 pm - 3:00 pm||Break|
|3:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Audits, Audit Resolution, & Administrative Appeals|
|4:30 pm - 5:00 pm||Open Q&A - Wrap-up|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-200-3822.
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. Ted's priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
As a consultant, Mr. Bertrand has worked in the nonprofit and higher education environments, including OneStar Foundation, Methodist Healthcare Ministries, and Texas A&M International University. He frequently brings his real-world experience to bear in teaching and coaching environments, conducting on-site training for a variety of organizations, including federal (NASA, Department of Labor, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of Health and Human Services, Corporation for National and Community Service) state (California, Idaho, Kentucky, and Texas state governments), local (San Diego County, and the Washington, DC governments) and nonprofit organizations (Habitat for Humanity International, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution).
Conference participants can earn up to 19.8 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Grant Professionals, including Grant Specialists, Grant Administrators, Grant Managers, Program Officers, Grant Officers, Auditors, but all are welcome.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 16.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 19.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
(August 5 - December 13)
*Groups of 3+ are eligible for discounted registration fees. Please contact us for more information.
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer without a fee will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.