Conflict of Interest Requirements Beyond the Procurement Rules
Roughly 9 years ago, the then new Uniform Guidance required in 2 C.F.R. § 200.112 that each "Federal awarding agency ... establish conflict of interest policies for Federal awards." This broad requirement extended well beyond the traditional conflict of interest requirements found in the procurement section (2 CFR § 200.318(c)). In this webinar, Managing Partner Edward (“Ted”) Waters will use a case study method to deepen knowledge in this critical area and provide practical guidance on drafting and implementing compliant as well as functional Standard of Conduct / Conflict of Interest policies and practices.
The on-demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- CEOs/ Directors
- Fiscal Staff
- Compliance Directors
- Other grants management staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand definitional issues including interest, conflicts, gifts and gratuities
- Detail what you need to address in your agency's policy and what you want to see as a pass-through entity in monitoring the policies of your sub-recipients
- Understand disclosure requirements, what to say and when
Ted Waters has served as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and as a member of the Health Care and Federal Grants practices since 1992. Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. His priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs/ Directors, Fiscal Staff, Compliance Directors, other grants management staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
You will have access to the recordings for 90 days after enrollment. Once posted to your account, you can view each webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in your purchase confirmation. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
We accept the following forms of payment: American Express, Mastercard, Visa, ACH, PayPal, electronic check, and check. For information about the methods of payment we accept, please review our Payment FAQs.
Review our Cancellation Policies.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.