Health Center Compliance Intensive: Advanced Concepts
Designed to support and strengthen the skills of health center compliance officers, this new two-day training is designed for experienced compliance officers. Attendees should be familiar with the seven elements of a compliance program and have some experience in health center compliance risk areas. Attendees of the July Intensive Training are welcome to return! The curriculum includes updates on compliance risk areas and enforcement actions (Section 330, reimbursement, federal grants management, FTCA, HIPAA), as well as training to help develop the skills necessary to be an effective compliance officer (assessing risks, investigating issues, addressing ethical concerns).
This training will include:
- Educational sessions on substantive compliance risk areas and recent enforcement actions;
- A discussion session on common challenges facing health center compliance officers when implementing a compliance program and responding to compliance risks, (moderated by FTLF’s Compliance Counsel, a former health center compliance officer); and,
- A case study built upon compliance risks identified by participants prior to the training. The case study will provide participants with an opportunity to enhance their skills, learn best practices and share their experiences.
Please note that this training is limited to 15 participants to allow for conversation, networking and one-on-one support from the trainers.
Health Center Compliance Officers
FTLF has negotiated at a discounted rate based on availability at the following hotels:
- Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End - Click here to check rates and availability.
- Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle - Click here to check rates and availability.
A partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. In regard to malpractice risks, Molly conducts trainings across the country on how to maintain compliance with the FTCA program rules. She also reviews “deeming applications” prior to submission to the Federal Government to identify potential issues that may lead to delay or disapproval of coverage under the FTCA. Molly counsels health care entities such as community health centers on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, patient privacy and confidentiality and risk management matters. Molly also advises clients on legal issues related to corporate transactions; including mergers and acquisitions, affiliations, and joint ventures. [Full Bio]
As Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
THIS SESSION IS NOW SOLD OUT
Live Training Registration Instructions:
- Login using the ATTENDEE’S log in and password.
- It is ESSENTIAL that the account used is that of the attendee’s because this is how FTLF will distribute training materials and continuing education credit.
- If you are registering more than one attendee, you will need to register each person individually.
- Sending multiple staff members? Contact FTLF at (202) 466-8960 for a group discount!
Cancellation Policy for this Event:
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
- All cancellations prior to September 18, 2017, will receive a full refund.
- All cancellation requests received between September 19, 2017 and October 2, 2017 will receive a 50% refund.
- All cancellation requests received after October 2, 2017 will not be eligible for a refund.
To cancel your reservation, please send a request in writing to Jaime Hirschfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.