340B Drug Discount Program Compliance
A two-day intensive training session designed for health center staff members who are responsible for or closely involved in the operation and compliance of the center’s pharmacy program. Whether your health center is new to the 340B program or has been participating in the program for years, the curriculum is designed to address compliance challenges including:
- Compliance with 340B program requirements
- Billing and sliding fee scale issues
- Scope of grant and site participation considerations
- 340B drug inventory management approaches
- Policy and procedure development
- Contract pharmacy and vendor issues
Participants can expect to leave the training not only with a greater understanding of the 340B program, but with tools (including samples and checklists) they can take back to their health centers to develop robust policies and procedures and implement compliant 340B programs.
Registration for this training is limited to allow for conversation, networking and one-on-one support from the trainers.
Please note: this training is limited to covered entities only. If you are not a covered entity and would like to register for this training, please contact the FTLF Training Team at email@example.com or (202) 466-8960.
- Health Center CEOs
- Others working with the 340B program
After this training, you will be able to:
- Develop 340B policies and procedures that demonstrate health center compliance with 340B program requirements
- Prepare for a HRSA Office of Pharmacy Affairs 340B program audit, understand what to expect, and be informed of options when responding to adverse audit findings
- Use a deeper understanding of 340B program compliance expectations to respond to any situation that might arise
Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 am - 9:30 am||Introductions and Icebreaker|
|9:30 am - 10:00 am|
|10:00 am - 11:00 am|
|11:00 am - 11:15 am|
|11:15 am - 12:00 pm|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm|
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm|
Wrap-Up Diversion and Duplicate Discounts and Answer Questions
|1:45 pm - 2:45 pm||Medicaid Reimbursement|
|2:45 pm - 3:00 pm||Break|
|3:00 pm - 3:45 pm|
Private Entities and Reimbursement
|3:45 pm - 4:45 pm||340B Compliance Case Studies on Day 1 Material|
|4:45 pm - 5:00 pm||Wrap-Up Day 1 and Answer Questions|
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|8:30 am - 9:00 am|
|9:00 am - 10:30 am||Contract Pharmacies - Where to begin with contract pharmacy compliance?|
|10:30 am - 10:45 am|
|10:45 am - 11:15 am|
Disputes with Vendors
|11:15 am - 11:45 am||In-House Pharmacy - What is the future of in-house pharmacy models?|
|11:45 am - 12:15 pm||Non-Audit Inquiries|
|12:15 pm - 1:15 pm||Lunch|
|1:15 pm - 3:00 pm|
How to Prepare for Audits
|3:00 pm - 3:15 pm||Break|
|3:15 pm - 4:15 pm||340B Compliance Case Studies on Day 2 Material|
|4:15 pm - 4:45 pm||Flexible Time and Hot Topics for 340B Legislation and Regulation|
|4:45 pm - 5:00 pm||Training Wrap-Up|
Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End
Kimpton Hotel Palomar DC
The Wink - Washington, DC
The St. Gregory Hotel - Dupont Circle
Kimpton Hotel Madera
The Embassy Row Hotel
The Dupont Circle Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn - Washington DC/Georgetown Area
Embassy Suites - Georgetown
A Partner with the firm, Mike practices in the Federal Grants and Health Law groups, and has over three decades of experience advising community-based organizations on a broad range of legal matters. Specifically, he offers guidance to Federally Qualified Health Centers, other federal grantees, and several professional and trade associations on the 340B drug discount program, tax exemption, grants law, and fraud matters. [Full Bio]
Jason focuses his practice on the federal 340B drug discount program and the complex legal and compliance issues facing safety net providers, pharmacies, and other 340B program stakeholders. Jason began his career representing pharmaceutical manufacturers before finding his passion helping 340B program covered entities, including disproportionate share hospitals, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinics, and other grantees navigate the 340B program. [Full Bio]
ELIZABETH "ISSIE" KARAN
As of January 2020, Elizabeth is no longer with the firm.
Elizabeth is a Senior Associate working in the firm’s Health Law and Federal Grants practice groups counseling a diverse array of organizations including Hemophilia Treatment Centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers, primary care associations, and other Federal grantees. Elizabeth’s practice focuses mainly on assisting clients with the 340B drug pricing program, grants compliance, provider collaborations, Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement issues, and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Participants can earn up to 15.6 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Pharmacists and others working with the 340B program
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 15.60 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds will be granted according to the following schedule:
- Requests received 30 or more days prior to the event will receive a full refund.
- Requests received between 11 to 29 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund.
- Requests received within 10 days of the event start date are not eligible for a refund.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.