Research Compliance Fundamentals
Community Health Centers (CHC) operate in an incredibly complex regulatory environment even without the addition of research operations. The pandemic brought increased federal research funding and risks of audit and government oversight related to research compliance. At the Health Care Compliance Association’s 2020 Healthcare Enforcement Conference, a Department of Justice leader vowed to keep research compliance among the top of priorities for enforcement. Similarly, the Office of Inspector General views research grants awarded during the pandemic as a particularly sensitive area for oversight.
In this webinar, we will address the fundamentals of any research compliance program, including:
- Human Subject Protections
- Research Integrity
- Conflicts of Interest
Note: The webinar will not address all potential topics within research compliance in depth, e.g., FDA regulations, clinical trials, reliance agreements subawards, or post-award federal research grant compliance.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Research Administrators, Researchers & Clinicians
- Compliance Officers & Counsel
- Other Staff Potentially Connected to Research
- Board Members and Chief Operating Officers
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Learn three essential components of a research compliance program that may grow from an existing CHC compliance program
- Become familiar with human subject protections, research integrity, and conflict of interest rules for federally funded research activities at CHC
- Understand risks of audit and increased government oversight related to research compliance
Serving as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Federal Grants, Health Law, and Litigation & Government Investigations practice groups, Kristen represents universities, non-profit and for-profit organizations facing legal actions under Federal health care and grant regulations in addition to the False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalties Laws. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Schwendinger served for nearly eight years as an attorney and senior counsel in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Research Administrators, Researchers & Clinicians, Compliance Officers & Counsel, Other Staff Potentially Connected to Research, Board Members, and Chief Operating Officers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.