Withdrawal of the Health Care Antitrust Policy Statements: What Does this Mean for Health Centers?
On February 3, 2023, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced the withdrawal of three long-standing health care antitrust policy statements that had guided health centers and other providers for the last 30 years. These policy statements, some of which created “safety zones” (similar to safe harbors), have been used to structure health center arrangements (including clinically and financially integrated networks) and conduct surveys of fee and cost-related information in ways unlikely to result in enforcement action by the DOJ or Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
This webinar will explain how the DOJ and FTC is seeking to reshape antitrust enforcement activities in the health care sector, how the former policy statements had benefited health centers and what it means for health centers to operate in the absence of those policy statements.
- Health Centers (C-Suite)
- Health Center Networks (IPAs, ACOs, CINs)
- Primary Care Associations
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand DOJ and FTC’s intent to reshape antitrust enforcement in the health care sector
- Describe the protection that had been afforded to health centers under the withdrawn policy statements
- Identify the antitrust legal standards that apply to health center networks and information-sharing activities
Adam J. Falcone is a Partner in FTLF’s national health law practice group, where he counsels a diverse spectrum of community-based organizations that render primary and behavioral healthcare services. Adam counsels clients on a wide range of health law issues, with a focus on fraud and abuse, reimbursement and payment, and antitrust and competition matters. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Centers (C-Suite), Health Center Networks (IPAs, ACOs, CINs), Primary Care Associations
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.