Navigating Provider Relief Fund Payment
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act created, and the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act augmented, a $175 billion Provider Relief Fund (PRF), to reimburse health care providers for certain health care related expenses or lost revenues attributable to the coronavirus. Outpatient safety-net providers, such as community mental health centers and federally-qualified health centers, have received or are due to receive funding under several Provider Relief Fund allocations, including the $50 billion general distribution, the rural provider distribution, and the upcoming Medicaid/CHIP distribution.
In this webinar, presenters Ted Waters and Susannah Gopalan will review key terms and conditions of PRF funding, including questions such as how safety-net providers should identify COVID-related qualifying expenses and lost revenues, the timeframe over which the PRF funds can be used, and how providers can adhere to prohibitions on “balance billing” under the PRF program. We will also address questions concerning the amount of PRF distributions, the relationship among the various PRF allocations, and the procedures for attesting to the PRF terms and conditions and accepting or rejecting PRF funds. This webinar will not address Uninsured Relief Fund payments.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- CEOs and Leadership of outpatient safety-net provider organizations, such as FQHCs and CMHCs
- Finance Department Staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain key terms and conditions under the HHS Provider Relief Fund
- Describe the various PRF distributions and how they relate to each other
- Identify key PRF-related obligations for your organization (deadlines for providing financial information and attesting to terms and conditions; future auditing and reporting requirements)
- Identify key PRF-related policies your organization needs to develop or refine (classifying COVID-related expenses and lost revenues, protecting against duplication of funding sources, modifying collections policies to satisfy “balance billing” prohibition)
SUSANNAH VANCE GOPALAN
Susannah is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. Susannah brings regulatory expertise to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has experience negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted focuses his practice on helping organizations to solve problems. Ted’s expertise in financial, cost reporting, reimbursement, and administrative issues is widely recognized, and illustrated by his selection as a 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, & 2020 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer in health care. Ted routinely handles challenging issues for clients such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs and Leadership of outpatient safety-net provider organizations, such as FQHCs and CMHCs, Finance Department Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.