Medicare and Medicaid Changes for FQHCs in Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 (CAA 2023), signed into law by President Biden on December 29, 2022, contains several significant Medicare changes for Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) that will either remove longstanding coverage restrictions or further extend flexibilities that were introduced during the COVID-19 public health emergency. These are welcome changes that will enable health centers to provide more comprehensive mental health services and technology-based services to Medicare beneficiaries. You can read more about CAA 2023 in our recent Client Alert here.
In this webinar, Susannah Vance Gopalan will review the Medicare changes for FQHCs in CAA 2023, focusing on
- The addition of mental health counselors’ services and marriage and family therapists’ services to the Medicare “FQHC services” benefit (effective January 1, 2024)
- The extension of FQHCs’ status as Medicare distant site telehealth providers to December 31, 2024 (as well as other Medicare telehealth extensions)
- The creation of a new Medicare mental health benefit, “intensive outpatient services,” which FQHCs and RHCs will be eligible to provide (effective January 1, 2024)
The changes will also help to reduce the discrepancies between Medicare’s coverage of mental health and telehealth services in FQHCs with some State Medicaid programs’ broader coverage in these areas.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Clinical managers
- Billing, revenue cycle, and finance managers
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand how health centers can expand their mental health service offering for Medicare beneficiaries, effective in 2024
- Describe how the Medicaid program, and services to dual eligible beneficiaries, will be impacted by the Medicare changes in CAA 2023
- Identify authorities (and billing mechanics and rates) for providing telehealth and telecommunications-based services in Medicare
SUSANNAH VANCE GOPALAN
Susannah is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. Susannah brings regulatory expertise to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has experience negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite; Clinical managers; Billing, revenue cycle, and finance managers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.