Managing Risks for Virtual Services
As more and more health centers are shifting the majority of their patient visits from traditional face-to-face clinic visits to virtual visits via telehealth modalities, new risks have begun to emerge.
Identifying and evaluating these new areas of risk becomes even more important to ongoing health center operations. From licensing, scope of practice, and informed consent requirements to standard of care expectations and professional liability/medical malpractice risk, health centers will need to carefully consider these risks when developing and operationalizing their telehealth programs.
This webinar will explore various areas of legal and malpractice risk a health center and its providers can incur when moving to a telehealth environment. We will discuss best practices for mitigating risks and describe strategies for financing such risks. Participants will understand how to evaluate these risks and next steps for implementing mitigation strategies.
- Health Center Providers Using Telehealth Modalities
- New Staff
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs
- Grants Managers
- Human Resources Managers and Staff
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Discuss emerging risks related to the use of telehealth modalities during your organization's COVID-19 response
- Evaluate certain risk mitigation efforts that would be effective for providers utilizing telehealth modalities
- Identify strategies to limit malpractice risk for your health center providers when providing services via telehealth modalities
A Partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Providers Using Telehealth Modalities, New Staff, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs, Grants Managers, and Human Resources Managers and staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.