Health Centers and the No Surprises Act “Good Faith Estimate” Requirement: A Deep Dive
Access the On-Demand Workshop here.
Effective January 1, 2022, community health centers and other provider organizations have been required, under the federal No Surprises Act, to provide a “good faith estimate” (GFE) of anticipated charges for certain services to uninsured and self-pay patients. In this half-day training, Susannah Vance Gopalan of FTLF and Rebekah Wallace Pardeck of Achieve Revenue Management will provide both in-depth information on the GFE requirements in the federal regulations, and operational guidance for meeting those requirements. We will discuss issues including:
- Which appointment types and which patients require a GFE, when it must be provided, and what information it must contain
- How GFE requirements interact with requirements under health centers’ obligations under the Section 330 sliding fee discount program
- Answers to common GFE questions relating to specific patient populations and types of care
- Considerations for coordinating intake/reception, billing and clinical personnel, and capabilities of existing systems, to meet the GFE requirements as efficiently as possible
- Health Center CEOs
- Revenue cycle managers and billing managers
After this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the what, when, and how of the GFE requirements in federal regulation
- Develop strategies for harmonizing implementation of the GFE with existing health center policies concerning patient communication and patient fees
- Discuss staffing and workflow models that can help your health center efficiently meet the GFE requirements
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
11:00 am - 3:00 pm ET
|11:00 am - 11:45 am||Overview of GFE Requirements in Federal Regulation|
|11:45 am - 12:00 pm||Break|
|12:00 pm - 12:45 pm||Review of GFE Resources and Templates; Practical Staffing, Workflow, and Operational Strategies to meet GFE Requirements|
|12:45 pm - 1:00 pm||Break|
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm||Special GFE Considerations for Health Centers|
|1:45 pm - 2:00 pm||Break|
|2:00 pm - 2:45 pm||Application of GFE Requirements to Specific Patient Populations and Types of Care|
|2:45 pm - 3:00 pm||Wrap-up|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-200-3822.
SUSANNAH VANCE GOPALAN
Susannah is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group where she focuses on health care litigation and regulatory counseling, with a focus on Medicaid and Medicare payment, financing, and compliance issues. Susannah brings regulatory expertise to bear when advising clients and pursuing litigation on their behalf. She has experience negotiating Medicaid waivers and managed care arrangements on behalf of providers, provider associations, and governmental entities. She represented a group of providers in reaching a settlement in major Medicaid litigation. [Full Bio]
REBEKAH WALLACE PARDECK (Achieve Revenue Management, LLC)
President and Owner of Achieve Revenue Management, LLC, Rebekah has more than 20 years of coding, revenue cycle management, operations, and training experience. She provides training and revenue cycle management services to federally qualified health centers, rural health clinics, and medical practices and community health centers.
Previously, Rebekah worked for over a decade as a consultant with a national accounting firm and as the director of operations for management service organizations and hospital-owned multispecialty physician practices. She is experienced in consulting on professional revenue cycle analysis and enhancement, medical practice operations, patient flow redesign, business process improvement and development, staffing analysis and redesign, practice efficiency and productivity and educational sessions and training. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 3.40 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Revenue cycle managers, and billing managers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 3.25 Certificate of Attendance
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at email@example.com. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.