Part II: The “Next Generation” of HRSA Compliance Assessments
This is Part II of a two-part webinar. To purchase the whole series, click here.
Based on a successful pilot program conducted throughout the last couple of years, HRSA has begun rolling out the new Health Center Compliance & Engagement Site Visit (HCCESV), which, for some health centers, will be conducted in lieu of the traditional 3-day Operational Site Visit (OSV).
The HCCESV process combines aspects of the traditional OSV (virtual or in-person) with substantial document desk audits. In particular, the new format enhances the use of document review only for the majority of requirements, thus reducing the number of days that reviewers spend on-site from three to one. Overall, the HCCESV streamlines the assessment process, striving for both compliance and operational excellence by blending together pre-site visit technical assistance sessions on the Health Center Program Requirements and the Site Visit Protocol (SVP), document reviews including health center self-assessments based on the SVP, and conventional interviews for the four most common areas of non-compliance.
As in the past, HRSA maintains an expectation of 100% ongoing compliance with the Health Center Program Requirements. Regardless of the current transition, compliance with Health Center Program Requirements in both documentation and practice is a vital component of a health center’s daily operations…and non-compliance findings may result in legal consequences that significantly impact operations and your ability to serve your patient populations and your community at large.
During this two-part webinar series, participants will learn about the HCCESV and the key high-risk areas for which live interviews will be conducted.
- Part 1 will explore the HCCESV process, including aspects that are the same as the 3-day OSV and those that differ. Participants will walk through the various components of the new process and learn tips that they can use when preparing for and conducting their assessments.
- Part 2 will explore the 4 common areas of non-compliance for which HRSA conducts a more in-depth assessment, requiring both document reviews and interviews of health center staff and board members. Participants will discuss the key matters of concern for each of these areas and learn tips to minimize non-compliance for their individual health center projects.
The on-demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Health Center Executive Staff
- Clinical Leadership
- Financial Leadership and Staff
- Compliance Officers
- Administrative / Operations Leadership and Staff
- Other Staff assisting with HRSA compliance and/or OSV preparation
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the new HCCESV process and how it differs from (and is the same as) the traditional 3-day OSV.
- Explain the high-risk areas from recent compliance reviews that form the areas for which conventional interviews will be conducted.
- Describe compliance tips from the presenter’s years of experience working first-hand with hundreds of health centers prior to, during, and after their compliance assessments.
Marcie Zakheim is a Partner at the firm specializing in health care law, particularly in the areas of federal grants, grant-related requirements and grants management related to the federal health center program. Health centers turn to Marcie as a resource for knowing not only the letter of the law, but also the likely interpretation of requirements by federal policymakers, including the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executive Staff, Clinical Leadership, Financial Leadership and Staff, Compliance Officers, Administrative / Operations Leadership and Staff, and Other Staff assisting with HRSA compliance and/or OSV preparation
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
This two-part webinar will take place on Wednesday, November 1 and Thursday November 2, 2023. Your registration entitles you to view both live events. Purchase the full series here.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar series is included in your purchase.
The webinars in this course are only available for purchase as an entire webinar series. The recorded version of each webinar will be available in your account within seven (7) business days of each session and you will have access to the recordings for 90 days after the conclusion of the series. Once posted to your account, you can view each webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in your purchase confirmation. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
For information about the methods of payment we accept, please review our Payment FAQs.
Review our Cancellation Policies.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.