Modes of Service Delivery, Contracts, and Referrals
This webinar is part of the Deconstructing Scope of Project: A Deep Dive into Scope Concepts and Forms webinar series and can be purchased individually or as part of the series. To purchase the full series, click here.
Part II of the Deconstructing Scope of Project webinar series
The term “Scope of Project” is one of the most complex and misunderstood components of the Health Center Program, yet it remains critical to the oversight and management of all health centers – both grantees funded under Section 330 and organizations designated as “look-alikes.” This webinar series was created to help you better understand what scope of project is, distinguish between in-scope and out-of-scope activities, and position your organization to design a scope of project that meets the needs of your patients and community.
Part II of this webinar series will closely review the three modes of services delivery as reflected in a health center’s Form 5A, with a particular focus on contracts (i.e., column II) and formal referral arrangements (i.e., column III).
Using HRSA’s Form 5A Column Descriptors as a guide, we will discuss:
- Key provisions required by HRSA to include in written contracts/agreements/MOUs
- Sample contract terms you can use in your agreements
- Common drafting errors that frequently result in findings of non-compliance
- Health center executive staff
- Administrative / operations staff
- Financial leadership
- Contracting personnel
- Compliance officers
- Other staff assisting with the maintenance and submission of applications/forms to HRSA
- Board members
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the distinctions between the three modes of delivery for furnishing in-scope services, as reflected in Form 5A.
- Develop contracts (column II) and referral agreements (column III) for in-scope services that include the HRSA-required provisions.
- Identify and address high risk areas applicable to furnishing in-scope services via contract and/or referral.
CARRIE BILL RILEY
Carrie Bill Riley is a Partner in the health law practice group. She counsels a wide variety of health care clients, including Title X grantees and subrecipeints, and other private and public health care providers, on contracting, regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, and reimbursement matters. Carrie also provides counsel on transactional matters, including formation and agreements for multi-provider affiliations/joint ventures, general contracting, and residency training arrangements. Prior to going to law school, Carrie worked at a Title X regional training center for several years. [Full Bio]
A partner at the firm, Marcie specializes in health care law, particularly in the areas of federal grants, grant-related requirements and grants management related to the federal health center program. Health centers turn to Marcie as a resource for knowing not only the letter of the law, but also the likely interpretation of requirements by federal policymakers, including the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.50 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 5 of the 7 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health center executive staff, administrative / operations staff, financial leadership, contracting personnel, compliance officers, other staff assisting with the maintenance and submission of applications/forms to HRSA, and board members
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to five (5) out of seven (7) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.25 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.