Understanding the Biden Administration’s Workplace Vaccine Mandates
On September 9, 2021, the Biden Administration released a sweeping vaccine mandate and testing plan across industries in its Path Out of the Pandemic (the “Administration’s Plan” or the “Plan”). According to the Administration, the Plan is “a six-pronged, comprehensive national strategy that employs the same science-based approach that was used to successfully combat previous variants of COVID-19 earlier this year.”
There are at least three prongs in the Administration’s Plan which, if implemented by relevant federal agencies, may affect health centers and their employees, including:
- A requirement that employers with 100 or more employees require employees to be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing and provide paid time off for employees to receive and recover from the vaccine
- A requirement that employees of Medicare and Medicaid-certified facilities must be vaccinated, unless they have approved religious or medical exemptions
- A requirement that all employees of federal contractors be vaccinated, unless they have approved religious or medical exemptions
The Administration’s Plan requires various Executive Branch agencies such as the Department of Labor’s Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to issue standards and regulations to implement the requirements in the Plan.
In this Industry Update we will evaluate how the Administration’s Plan may affect health centers and their employees. We will discuss how agencies like OSHA and CMS will take the next steps to implement the Plan and explore the likelihood of legal challenges that the Plan may face from states and industries.
- Health Center Clinical Staff
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- CEOs, COOs, CMOs
- Clinical Staff
- Human Resources Managers and Staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the legal framework of vaccine mandates and testing requirements set forth in the Biden Administration’s Plan
- Understand how health centers may be impacted by the Biden Administration’s Plan
- Explore how legal challenges to agency action implementing the Plan might develop and affect requirements to comply with vaccine mandates and testing requirements
A Partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce-related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
As Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Clinical Staff; Risk Managers; Compliance Officers; CEOs, COOs, CMOs; Clinical Staff; Human Resources Managers and Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.