Structuring Patient Incentive Programs to Comply with Federal Rules
Patient incentives, such as gift cards, are broadly recognized as important tools to promote healthy behaviors, increase visits for primary and preventive services, and improve health care outcomes.
At the same time, the federal Beneficiary Inducement Prohibition has long posed a challenge to health centers seeking to implement patient incentive programs. That federal law prohibits the offer or transfer of remuneration to a federal health care program beneficiary that is likely to influence the beneficiary's selection of a provider or supplier of a federally reimbursable item or service.
On this webinar, Adam Falcone will offer guidance on how to structure patient incentive programs to minimize legal risks under the Beneficiary Inducement Prohibition. He will describe current statutory, regulatory and policy exceptions that permit patient incentives and identify best practices for using patient incentives that do not fit within current exceptions.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Health Center Executives
- Medical Directors and Clinicians
- Quality Improvement Staff
- Compliance Officers and Professionals
- Legal Counsel and Paraprofessionals
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify legal and policy exceptions that apply to patient incentives
- Describe examples of patient incentives that health centers have implemented
- Implement policies and practices to reduce compliance risk
Adam J. Falcone is a Partner in FTLF’s national health law practice group, where he counsels a diverse spectrum of community-based organizations that render primary and behavioral healthcare services. Adam counsels clients on a wide range of health law issues, with a focus on fraud and abuse, reimbursement and payment, and antitrust and competition matters. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executives, Medical Directors and Clinicians, Quality Improvement Staff, Compliance Officers and Professionals, Legal Counsel and Paraprofessionals
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.