Opioid Epidemic: Enforcement Update
This webinar will address how health centers should respond to federal and state law enforcement activities related to the opioid epidemic. Headlines regularly detail arrests of prescribers who operate as “pill mills” and others who develop elaborate schemes to defraud federal and state health care programs. The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has announced audits of grantees receiving funding for substance use disorder services, review of access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services in health centers, and reviews of state prescription drug monitoring programs and Medicaid reimbursement for opioid treatment programs. This webinar will update health centers on key enforcement areas including:
- Audits by the Office of the Inspector General of health center grant funds for substance use disorder programs
- Opioid Task Force enforcement activities and the effects on health centers and communities
- Data-driven enforcement efforts (Medicaid billing, licensing, etc.)
FTLF attorneys will also discuss how health centers can manage their risks when responding to the opioid epidemic through developing policies and procedures, conducting training and internal audits.
- Compliance Officers and Risk Managers
- Behavioral Health and Substance Use Disorder Providers
- Health Center Management
- Grants Management
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe current federal enforcement initiatives related to prescribing of opioid and developing substance use disorder services
- Identify OIG’s audit priorities related to substance use disorder grants
- Develop internal auditing and monitoring priorities for opioid prescribing and substance use disorder programs
As Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.2 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 5 of the 7 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Compliance Officers and Risk Managers, Behavioral Health and Substance Use Disorder Providers, Health Center Management, Grants Management
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.