Medical-Legal Partnerships (MLPs) are collaborative models that bring together health centers and legal professionals to address the social determinants of health and tackle complex legal issues that affect patients' well-being. These partnerships leverage the expertise of both healthcare and legal sectors to provide comprehensive and holistic care to individuals and communities.
During this webinar, we will explore the key components and benefits of Medical-Legal Partnerships, shedding light on the ways they address the intertwined nature of health and legal issues. Key topics to be covered will include (1) understanding the MLP model; (2) the underlying terms and conditions of an MLP; and (3) best practices for a successful MLP.
- C-Suite: CEOs, CMOs, and COOs
- Compliance Officers/Risk Managers
- Clinical Staff
- In-House Legal Counsel
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the MLP approach, its origins, and its fundamental principles including how MLPs integrate legal services into healthcare settings to improve patient outcomes
- Discuss key terms for contracts and/or MOUs to create an MLP
- Explore the challenges and best practices for health centers involved in establishing and sustaining a successful MLP
Molly Evans is a Partner in the firm’s health law practice group. She advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both a private attorney and in-house counsel, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: C-Suite: CEOs, CMOs, and COOs, Compliance Officers/Risk Managers, Clinical Staff, and In-House Legal Counsel
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.