Time and Effort for Teleworking
In the wake of COVID-19, countless Head Start programs have sent their workforce home. Whether or not stay-at-home orders remain in place, teaching and caring for children from home may remain the new normal for some time. As a result, there are new risks for grant compliance in familiar areas such as federal grant personnel time and effort requirements. Unfortunately, we continue to see a lot of findings related to time and effort reporting, both from the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) audits, and the ongoing public health emergency is likely to contribute to more findings in this area.
On this webinar, we will discuss the challenges of documenting the work your employees perform at home and any services your program furnishes remotely. Some common challenges for Head Start programs include:
- Duties that cannot be done remotely
- Duties that must be completed at specific times or within certain hours of the day (e.g., only during normal business hours)
- Employees who cannot fill 100% of their time remotely
- Employees that need to return to their physical place of work to perform a portion of their job duties
While your program may be able to forego or modify certain tasks for a time, longer term, most Head Start programs will need to make adjustments in the near future. One way to do this is by updating job descriptions to set reasonable and clear expectations of effort in order to ensure the goals of the Federal grant can be met. Or, your program may need to set mandatory core hours, with limited flexibility or exceptions for certain duties or staff.
It can be difficult to switch from onsite to remote tracking, especially if you are accustomed to seeing your employees every day and now may not see some at all, but there are way to manage the transition.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Directors
- Chief Financial Officers
- Finance and accounting personnel
- Human Resources Directors
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Troubleshoot frequently asked questions about telework time and effort
- Identify major legal risks related to inaccurate activity reporting
- Implement best practices for time and effort reporting while employees telework
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance and the never-ending list of grant administration matters. Ted’s expertise in financial, cost reporting, reimbursement, and administrative issues is widely recognized and he routinely handles government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Executive Directors, Head Start Directors, Chief Financial Officers, Finance and accounting personnel, and Human Resources Directors
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.