Time and Effort Reporting for Head Start
Head Start funds, like all other federal grant funds, come with strings. One of the highest risk areas deals with how programs track and charge for employee time. This means developing, implementing, and maintaining a personnel activity reporting system that is compliant. Achieving this goal can be challenging for all Head Start grantees, but it can be especially complicated for organizations with multiple funding streams.
Understanding the differences between semi-annual certifications, monthly certifications, single cost objectives, and multiple cost objectives represents only the beginning when it comes to complying with time and effort reporting requirements. Since salaries and fringe make up a huge portion of most Head Start grantees' budget, getting time and effort reporting wrong could result in significant cost disallowances. This webinar will provide clear and practical explanations of time and effort reporting responsibilities to help improve your compliance with these federal requirements.
The ON-DEMAND WEBINAR is available either separately or as an add-on at check out.
Executive Directors, Head Start Directors, Chief Financial Officers and finance and accounting personnel, but all are welcome.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Uniform Guidance’s requirements for time and effort reporting;
- Identify legal issues and risks surrounding inaccurate activity reporting;
- Recognize common timesheet problems; and
- Implement best practices for time and effort reporting.
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted is a national authority in the area of federal grants, particularly in the health and community service spheres. He advises clients on all aspects of program requirements, including issues such as cost-based reimbursement, governance, grant administration, cost reporting, and administrative issues and routinely handles challenging issues such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. Ted's priority is to help each organization carry out its mission by offering practical, down-to-earth counsel and to ensure that legal challenges do not distract from that focus. [Full Bio]
Certificates of Attendance are available for all webinars (both live and recorded) for the registered attendee upon completion of the webinar.
A blank Certificate of Attendance will be available for organizations to issue to attendees that viewed the webinar (either live or on-demand). Due to the online nature of the training course, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP does not certify that the attendee actually viewed the course. A supervisor at the organization should sign the certificate, and therefore, certifies that the attendee viewed the course.
Attendance record forms are available for all webinars (live and on-demand) and can be utilized to record the attendance of numerous staff members for internal purposes.
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
Methods of payment for live webinars include Credit Card, Check and Purchase Order. However, if you have selected a payment option other than Credit Card within three hours prior to the live webinar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure access is granted.
Please note: All registrations made within 3 hours of the live webinar must be completed using a credit card.
- No refunds for no-shows; however if requested, registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.