Practical Skills for Head Start HR
FTLF recommends anyone involved in the hiring, firing, onboarding and staff education process within the Head Start organization, but all are welcome.
- Draft effective personnel policies;
- Define pre-employment requirements, such as background checks and health exams in the written procedures;
- Understand how to address the hiring process, including steps and tips in their HR policies;
- Recognize best practices during employment, such as performance reviews and training/development; and
- Perform effective internal investigations.
This event will be held prior to the Region IV Head Start Annual Conference
Nicole is a Partner in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. Nicole leads the firms Head Start education and training efforts, by designing seminars and meetings both in-person and via webinar on a number of grants-related topics. Nicole ensures that participants are up-to-date on federal regulations, management and financial requirements to protect their grants. Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked as a staff attorney for almost five years with Legal Services of Northern Virginia and Rappahannock Legal Services, representing low-income clients, including Spanish speaking clients, in family law, housing, and consumer matters. [Full Bio]
Alexandra is a Senior Associate with the firm in the Federal Grants and Health Law practice groups. In her tenure at FTLF, Alexandra has worked on a wide variety of issues affecting Federally Qualified Health Centers, Head Start programs, and state and local governments. In addition, Alexandra conducts frequent trainings for federal grantees. Her trainings focus on privacy, third party agreements, and risk management. Prior to joining Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, Alexandra was a litigation associate with firms in Colorado and Hawaii. [Full Bio]
A Certificate of Attendance is available for the attendee immediately following the completion of the training by clicking "Launch Course" under the registration tab under the registration tab.
- To register for this training for you, login or register with your personal information
- To register for this training for someone else, login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE
- To register for a group of attendees, email Learning@FTLF.com for information on group registration
Available payment methods include purchase order, check, and credit card. Payment for this live training is due 2 weeks before the start of the event. If payment is not received in full 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, your order will be cancelled and you will be denied entrance to the training.
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
- All cancellations prior to January 3, 2018, will receive a full refund.
- All cancellation requests received between January 4, 2018 and January 22, 2018 will receive a 50% refund.
- All cancellation requests received after January 22, 2018 will not be eligible for a refund.
- To cancel your reservation, please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.