Non-Federal Share Match Requirement
Head Start programs must provide at least 20% of their operating costs through in-kind donations or cash. These contributions must be used to support actual operations of the Head Start program and for expenses that the program would otherwise use federal funds for, if they were available. The “match,” or non-federal share, requirement has always existed, however, enforcement of it has recently increased. That’s why it’s more important than ever to make sure you are not only meeting your non-federal share requirements, but also providing adequate documentation. Failure to comply could result in a serious financial penalty.
This webinar will provide an overview of the non-federal share requirement, the most common ways that Head Start agencies meet their share requirements, and strategies for fulfilling documentation obligations.
- CFOs, Finance Managers, and Finance Department Personnel
- Other Managers involved in Budgeting and Funds Management
- Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, COOs, CMOs
- Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors
- Grant Managers, Specialists, and Administrators
- Program Officers
- Grant Officers
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify items and services your program can count as match
- Recognize how to document matching share
- Understand why showing "overmatch" makes sense
- Discuss common and not-so-common pitfalls to avoid
Serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted focuses his practice on helping organizations to solve problems. Ted’s expertise in financial, cost reporting, reimbursement, and administrative issues is widely recognized, and illustrated by his selection as a 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer in health care. Ted routinely handles challenging issues for clients such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CFOs, Finance Managers, and Finance Department Personnel; Other Managers involved in Budgeting and Funds Management; Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, COOs, CMOs; Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors; Grant Managers, Specialists, and Administrators; Program Officers; Grant Officers
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within two (2) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.