Head Start programs must undergo federal programmatic monitoring at least once every three years. In addition to scheduled reviews under the AMS 2.0, the Head Start Act allows for unannounced reviews in which the monitoring team shows up at your program unexpectedly. Now that the monitoring review process is linked to re-competition under the Designated Renewal System (DRS), avoiding review findings is especially important.
On this webinar, FTLF attorneys will provide:
- An overview of AMS 2.0
- The nuts and bolts of the monitoring process
- Advice on ensuring your monitoring review goes smoothly
- Tips on how to handle an "unannounced" review
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Directors
- Any program personnel who are new to the monitoring process
- Management Team
- New Leadership/Management Staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the nuts and bolts of the monitoring process and identify the major changes
- Better prepare for a future monitoring review
- Understand which tips to implement when faced with an "unannounced" review
Kathy Ghiladi, a Partner in FTLF’s federal grants practice, serves as counsel to Federal and State contractors and grant recipients across the country, including community action agencies receiving CSBG Act and Head Start funding. She has assisted Head Start agencies in reviewing and responding to monitoring reviews and has represented Head Start agencies in appeals before the Departmental Appeals Board. She has provided Head Start trainings across the country including trainings provided to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families personnel. In addition, she represents federal grant recipients in Government investigations and audits, and has helped Head Start agencies navigate governance and related obligations during difficult times involving CEO transitions, Policy Council disputes/mediation, investigations, and audits. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Executive Directors, Head Start Directors, Any program personnel who are new to the monitoring process, Management Team, New Leadership/Management Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.