Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance (ERSEA) requirements have confused Head Start programs for many years. For some provisions, the language alone is intricate and tricky to understand, but even those rules that appear straightforward can be difficult to implement and apply to real-life situations. This workshop will provide an in-depth examination of the ERSEA requirements, answer frequently asked questions, and discuss approaches to common ERSEA challenges faced by Head Start programs.
Who is included in the "family" and what is "income"?
Income eligibility will be a major focus on the workshop. While the Head Start program recognizes the many family structures that exist in today’s world, doing so complicates the income eligibility determination process because there are so many variations. The workshop will cover key questions related to Head Start eligibility, including:
- Which individuals count as “family”?
- What money counts as “income”?
How do you determine and verify eligibility based on public benefits, homelessness, foster care?
Beyond income, there are other ways to be deemed eligible for Head Start services, especially for children and pregnant woman. The workshop will cover other common paths to eligibility and discuss strategies for determining and verifying eligibility under these methods.
Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance
Head Start services must be designed to meet the needs of your community. As a result, how your program structures selection criteria and sets priorities, matters, and must ensure that those families most in need receive services. The workshop will cover:
- Planning a recruitment strategy and who should be involved in the process
- Screening and other deadlines triggered by Head Start enrollment
- Strategies to comply with Full Enrollment Program Instruction
- Requirements for monitoring and reporting attendance under the Head Start Performance Standards
- Educational sessions by attorneys with experience in Head Start Compliance, Federal Grant Law, and Family Law
- Small breakout groups for more personal attention to your specific questions and challenges
- Interactive format to encourage candid discussion of program implementation challenges and successes
- Opportunities to network with colleagues in other Head Start programs
- Electronic course materials available for download
- Eligibility Workers
- Eligibility Managers
- ERSEA staff
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Program Directors
- Other senior staff
- But all are welcome!
After this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the Head Start ERSEA rules
- Identify which terms need to be defined in your organization's internal policies and procedures
- Know what types of documentation eligibility staff should collect and maintain to verify income eligibility
- Outline how to conduct internal monitoring to verify whether your program is in compliance with the Head Start ERSEA requirements
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
10:30 am - 4:00 pm ET
|10:30 am - 11:00 am||Introductions and Icebreaker|
|11:00 am - 12:15 pm||Income Eligibility (What is "income")|
|12:15 pm - 12:30 pm||Break|
|12:30 pm - 1:45 pm||Income Eligibility (Who is included in "family")|
|1:45 pm - 2:30 pm||Break|
|2:30 pm - 3:30 pm||Eligibility Based on Public Benefits|
|3:30 pm - 4:00 pm||Q&A and Wrap-Up|
Thursday, February 3, 2022
10:30 am - 3:30 pm ET
|10:30 am - 11:45 am||Eligibility Based on Foster Care and Homelessness|
|11:45 am - 12:00 pm||Break|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance|
|1:00 pm - 1:45 pm||Break|
|1:45 pm - 3:15 pm|
Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance (cont.)
Record Keeping, Privacy, and Training Issues
|3:15 pm - 3:30 pm||Q&A and Wrap-Up|
FTLF'S VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
This live, interactive training will take place in FTLF's Virtual Classroom, hosted by Zoom. Should you have any technical questions or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-855-200-3822.
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Jennifer A. Davison is a partner in the firm’s Family Law practice group. Ms. Davison helps her clients identify, prioritize and realize their unique goals for the future. Her clients appreciate her efficient, pragmatic approach to reaching agreements that provide for the whole gamut of clients’ short- and long-term financial needs, including daily living expenses, career planning, retirement security, and funding for college. [Full Bio]
Katherine, a partner in the family law practice at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, practices all aspects of family law including complex financial issues and child related matters. She has been litigating family law cases for over ten years. As a former trial attorney with the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Katherine has extensive experience in the courtroom. She ensures her clients understand the court process and are well prepared in the event a case goes to court. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 8.00 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Eligibility Workers, Eligibility Managers, ERSEA staff, Executive Directors, Head Start Program Directors, Other senior staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 9.00 Certificate of Attendance
Bring your team! Discounts are available for groups of three (3) or more individuals from the same organization. Please contact us to process your registration.
Groups of 3 - 6
Groups of 7 - 10
Groups of 11 - 15
Over 15 attendees
|10% off||15% off||20% off||Call us!|
Each registration must be in the name of the individual(s) who will attend. This allows FTLF to communicate important course information to the actual attendee(s), add training materials and handouts to the right account, and properly assign certificates of attendance or CPE credits.
To register for this training:
- For yourself: login to your account and register with your personal information
- For someone else: login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE and register from the ATTENDEE's account
- For a group: email Learning@ftlf.com to complete group registration
If you encounter problems or have questions Contact us.
We accept payment by PayPal, credit card, and check. Payment for any live training is due upon registration. If payment is not received in full prior to the start of the event, FTLF reserves the right to cancel your order and deny you entrance to the training.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds or transfers for in-person events will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 30 or more days prior to the event, requests for a full refund or a transfer, minus a $75 administrative fee, will be granted.
- Between 11 to 29 days prior to the event, requests for cancellations will be granted a 50% refund and requests for transfers will be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
- Within 10 days of the event start date, no requests for refunds or credits will be granted. At FTLF's discretion, late transfers may be granted, space permitting and subject to a transfer fee.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.