Managing Head Start Human Resources
Head Start Human Resource Requirements are quite confusing. The regulations require that certain actions need to take place pre-employment; others during the hiring process, and still others while someone is employed by your program. And then what happens if someone's employment needs to be terminated? Getting these elements right matters - not just for proper program operations, but for morale too. During this webinar, we discuss the Human Resources Lifecycle of the Head Start employment relationship and include:
- Pre-employment requirements, such as recruitment and selection procedures and health exams
- Hiring process, including steps and tips
- Elements during employment, such as performance reviews and training/development
- Firing, including steps on "how to"
- Human Resources Directors / Managers
- Other Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and key staff directly involved with on-boarding or managing Head Start staff
- Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CMOs
- Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Define pre-employment requirements, such as background checks and health exams
- Draft effective personnel policies
- Discuss the human resources responsibilities of the governing board and policy council and the reporting obligations of management
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Human Resources Directors / Managers, Other Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and key staff directly involved with on-boarding or managing Head Start staff, Head Start Leadership, including CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CMOs, Executive Directors / Head Start Program Directors
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) of the eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.