Managing Head Start Health and Safety Concerns
Do health and safety standards keep you up at night? Historically, health and safety violations have been one of the leading causes for deficiency findings and, in the past few years, reports of health and safety violations have increased. Under the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate that this trend will continue.
While the stakes are high under the Designated Renewal System, it remains important to maintain practical and adaptable strategies to comply with the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
On this webinar, we will share best practices to help you meet or exceed the expectations for conduct and reporting set forth by the Office of Head Start (OHS) in the HSPPS, Program Instructions, Information Memoranda, and Policy Clarifications. In addition, we will specifically review timely questions related to:
- Health emergency procedures (including conditions of short-term exclusion and admittance; class size; hygiene; physical environment, facilities, equipment, toys, materials, and furniture)
- Infectious disease policies and procedures (including contacting parents and communicating with the local health department as necessary)
- Incident reporting requirement found in CFR 1302.102 (d)(1)(ii)
- Procedures for staff, consultants, and volunteers who violate the standards of conduct
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Head Start Leadership
- CEO, Executive Director/ Head Start Director
- HR Director
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe health and safety reporting requirements and common risk areas
- Adjust your written procedures to address your organization's major issues
- Conduct an internal investigation related to any alleged infractions
Nicole, a Partner at FTLF, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Head Start Leadership, CEO, Executive Director/ Head Start Director, CFO, COO, HR Director
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.