Head Start Leadership Workshop: Fiscal Management
- Cost principles
- Facilities and property
- Financial management systems
- Reporting requirements
- Procurement policies and procedures; and
- Much, much more!!!
How is this training different?
- It’s collaborative. Research shows that adults learn best in a collaborative setting. We’ve limited the training to a small group of participants so that trainers can lead participants in collaborative, solution-oriented discussions.
- It’s active. This training is hands-on. Our experts will lead you in exercises to help you learn how to read statutes and regulations critically so that when there are changes to the law you will be better equipped to understand and adapt to the changes.
- It’s practical. You’ll leave this training with a roadmap to success, complete with to-do lists, best practices, and advice on policies and procedures.
Join FTLF's Head Start Practice Group Attorneys, Ted Waters and Nicole Bacon, for a small group intensive training that will provide you with the skills you need to successfully manage your Head Start program’s most important resource – its staff!
Don’t delay, space is limited!
- Executive Director/ Head Start Director
- Understand how to reduce risk within their Head Start program;
- Learn how the HSPPS affects fiscal issues;
- Discuss how to be innovative within the confines of both the HSPPS and Uniform Guidance; and
- Understand the key risk areas for Head Start programs and strategies to reduce risk.
What is included?
- Two days of small-group, collaborative Head Start specific training led by experienced FTLF attorneys who regularly counsel and advise Head Start programs
- Sample policy on social media that can be easily altered for your Head Start program
- Listening Lunch with NHSA staff
- Networking opportunities with peers from across the country
- Breakfast and snacks on both days and lunch on day one
HYATT PLACE WASHINGTON DC/GEORGETOWN/WEST END
THE WINK - WASHINGTON, DC
KIMPTON HOTEL PALOMAR DC
THE ST. GREGORY HOTEL - DUPONT CIRCLE
KIMPTON HOTEL MADERA
THE EMBASSY ROW HOTEL
THE DUPONT CIRCLE HOTEL
HILTON GARDEN INN - WASHINGTON DC/GEORGETOWN AREA
EMBASSY SUITES - GEORGETOWN
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
serving as Managing Partner of the firm since 2003, and a member of the Health Law and Federal Grants practices since 1992, Ted focuses his practice on helping organizations to solve problems, often in crisis situations. Ted’s expertise in financial, cost reporting, reimbursement, and administrative issues is widely recognized, and illustrated by his selection as a 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer in health care. Ted routinely handles challenging issues for clients such as government audits, internal investigations, and litigation, deftly guiding them to a resolution. [Full Bio]
Conference participants can earn up to 14 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEO, Executive Director/ Head Start Director, CFO, COO
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
- To register for this training for you, login or register with your personal information
- To register for this training for someone else, login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE
Why do I need to register using the attendee’s login information?
It is essential that each training registration is listed under the actual attendee’s name. This allows FTLF to add important training materials to their account including handouts and training certificates. For questions or issues, contact Learning@FTLF.com.
Available payment methods include purchase order, check, and credit card. Payment for this live training is due 2 weeks before the start of the event. If payment is not received in full 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, your order will be canceled and you will be denied entrance to the training.
Cancellation Policy for this Event:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds will be granted according to the following schedule:
- Requests received 30 or more days prior to the event will receive a full refund.
- Requests received between 11 to 29 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund.
- Requests received within 10 days of the event start date are not eligible for a refund.
If there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please reach out to the FTLF Training Team directly at email@example.com.
FTLF is not responsible for any hotel, airfare, or other accommodations that participants make.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.