Virtual Head Start Operations
COVID-19 has deeply impacted Head Start and Early Head Start programs, enrolled children and families, and their communities in many ways. In one example, by expanding services to meet the ever-growing need for services in their communities, many Head Start programs may experience challenges with equipment and supplies.
Every Head Start program is required to conduct a physical inventory of equipment every two years and reconcile that inventory with its records. As Head Start grantees consider these cost categories, it is important to keep key issue areas in mind, including:
- Tagging & Recording Property
- Physical Inventory
- Use of Equipment Purchased with Federal Funding
- Excess Property
- Equipment Transfer and Disposal
All are welcome, but this training is best-suited for personnel with intermediate to advanced levels of experience.
- CEOs / Head Start Directors
- CFOs and Fiscal Staff
- Compliance Officers and Staff
- Project Managers and other Grants Management Staff
After this webinar, you will be better able to:
- Manage Head Start equipment inventory
- Describe best practices for related reporting requirements
- Reduce the risk of audit findings and avoid penalties from OIG actions
Nicole, a Partner at FTLF, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Serving as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Federal Grants, Health Law, and Litigation & Government Investigations practice groups, Kristen represents universities, non-profit and for-profit organizations facing legal actions under Federal health care and grant regulations in addition to the False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalties Laws. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Schwendinger served for nearly eight years as an attorney and senior counsel in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs / Head Start Directors, CFOs and Fiscal Staff, Compliance Officers and Staff, and Project Managers and other Grants Management Staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.