Head Start Eligibility for the Governing Body and Policy Council
Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance (ERSEA) requirements have long-confused Head Start programs. This webinar will cover:
- The basics of the Head Start eligibility process
- Strategies for maintaining compliance with eligibility rules
- The consequences of knowing violations of the eligibility rules
Under the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS), staff that conduct eligibility determinations must receive training on the Head Start eligibility requirements within 90 days of conducting those determinations on the job. In addition, the HSPPS require that governing body and policy council members must be trained on the eligibility requirements within 180 days of their term.
In addition to helping your program comply with the often-confusing eligibility rules, this webinar will ensure that all of your employees who determine eligibility, as well as governing body and policy council members, have an understanding of the rules and receive the necessary training.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- Eligibility Workers
- Eligibility Managers
- ERSEA Staff
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Program Directors
- Other Senior Staff
- Governing Body and Policy Council Members
- But all are welcome!
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the Head Start eligibility rules
- Describe common pitfalls in determining eligibility
- Identify the type of documentation your program should maintain regarding eligibility
- Discuss other topics related to recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance
Nicole, a Partner at FTLF, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Eligibility Workers, Eligibility Managers, ERSEA Staff, Executive Directors, Head Start Program Directors, Other Senior Staff, Governing Body and Policy Council Members
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.