ERSEA FAQs: Part III (Live)
To purchase the full webinar series, click here.
Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance (ERSEA) requirements have confused Head Start programs for many years. For some provisions, the language alone is intricate and tricky to understand, but even those rules that appear straightforward can be difficult to implement and apply to real-life situations. This series will provide an overview of the ERSEA requirements, answer frequently asked questions, and discuss approaches to common ERSEA challenges faced by Head Start programs.
Part III: Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance
In the final webinar, we will discuss how to plan the recruitment strategy and who should be involved in the process. Head Start services must be designed to meet the needs of your community. As a result, how your program structures selection criteria and sets priorities, matters and must ensure that those families most in need receive services.
THE RECORDED WEBINAR IS AVAILABLE EITHER SEPARATELY OR AS AN ADD-ON AT CHECK OUT.
Miss any of the earlier sessions? You can find the recordings of Parts I and II of the series here:
- Part I - Income Eligibility: Who is included in the "family" and what is "income"?
- Part II - The other paths to eligibility: How do you determine and verify eligibility based on public benefits, homelessness, foster care?
- Eligibility Workers
- Eligibility Managers
- ERSEA staff
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Program Directors
- Other senior staff
- But all are welcome!
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Head Start requirements for recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance;
- Identify which terms need to be defined in your organization's internal policies and procedures;
- Outline how to conduct internal monitoring to verify whether your program maintains full enrollment, conducts effective recruitment and selection, and ensures regular attendance pursuant to the Head Start requirements.
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
If you would like to add the recorded version of the live webinar to your purchase for an additional $50, please click the checkbox above.
The recorded webinar is available for 60 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once your purchase is complete and the recorded webinar is posted, you can re-access the webinar at any time by clicking “My Account” in the top right-hand corner of the page or by selecting it from the “My Training” box on your homepage. Recorded webinars will be available for viewing 48 hours after the live webinar. For additional information on our webinar procedures, please visit our FAQ page.
An unlimited number of participants can experience a live or recorded webinar by broadcasting it on a projection screen and watching it together. A single login can gain access to the webinar and be issued a certificate. The record of attendance form can be accessed under the certificate link within the activity. For more information on live and recorded webinars, please refer to our FAQ section.
Please note: All registrations made within 3 hours of the live webinar must be completed using a credit card.
- No refunds for no-shows; however if requested, registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.