ERSEA FAQs: Part I (Live)
To purchase the full webinar series, click here.
Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance (ERSEA) requirements have confused Head Start programs for many years. For some provisions, the language alone is intricate and tricky to understand, but even those rules that appear straightforward can be difficult to implement and apply to real-life situations. This series will provide an overview of the ERSEA requirements, answer frequently asked questions, and discuss approaches to common ERSEA challenges faced by Head Start programs.
Part I: Who is included in the "family" and what is "income"?
Since we receive the most questions on income eligibility, the first webinar will focus on that topic. The Head Start program recognizes the many types of family structures that exist in today’s world, but that variety further complicates the income eligibility determination process. In this one-hour webinar, we will answer all your questions about which individuals to count as “family” and what money counts as “income” for purposes of Head Start eligibility determinations.
The RECORDED WEBINAR is available either separately or as an add-on at check out.
Join us for the rest of the series:
- Part II - The other paths to eligibility: How do you determine and verify eligibility based on public benefits, homelessness, foster care? (November 14th @ 1pm ET)
- Part III - Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (November 28th @ 1pm ET)
- Eligibility Workers
- Eligibility Managers
- ERSEA staff
- Executive Directors
- Head Start Program Directors
- Other senior staff
- But all are welcome!
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Head Start income eligibility rules;
- Identify which terms need to be defined in your organization's internal policies and procedures;
- Know what types of documentation eligibility staff should collect and maintain to verify income eligibility; and
- Outline how to conduct internal monitoring to verify whether your program is in compliance with the Head Start income eligibility requirements
Nicole Bacon, a Partner at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, works in the firm’s Federal Grants, Litigation, and Health Law practice groups. Nicole offers her clients specialized guidance in compliance with federal grant law including specific programmatic requirements as well as the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements of Federal Awards. Nicole represents a variety of community-based organizations, before State and Federal courts as well as administrative bodies. [Full Bio]
Certificates of Attendance are available for all webinars (both live and recorded) for the registered attendee upon completion of the webinar.
A blank Certificate of Attendance will be available for organizations to issue to attendees that viewed the webinar (either live or on-demand). Due to the online nature of the training course, Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP does not certify that the attendee actually viewed the course. A supervisor at the organization should sign the certificate, and therefore, certifies that the attendee viewed the course.
Attendance record forms are available for all webinars (live and on-demand) and can be utilized to record the attendance of numerous staff members for internal purposes.
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
If you would like to add the recorded version of the live webinar to your purchase for an additional $50, please click the checkbox above.
The recorded webinar is available for 60 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once your purchase is complete and the recorded webinar is posted, you can re-access the webinar at any time by clicking “My Account” in the top right-hand corner of the page or by selecting it from the “My Training” box on your homepage. Recorded webinars will be available for viewing 48 hours after the live webinar. For additional information on our webinar procedures, please visit our FAQ page.
An unlimited number of participants can experience a live or recorded webinar by broadcasting it on a projection screen and watching it together. A single login can gain access to the webinar and be issued a certificate. The record of attendance form can be accessed under the certificate link within the activity. For more information on live and recorded webinars, please refer to our FAQ section.
Please note: All registrations made within 3 hours of the live webinar must be completed using a credit card.
- No refunds for no-shows; however if requested, registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.