Whistleblower Policies During COVID-19
Whistleblowers have been a prominent feature of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Employers are facing multiple challenges in response to the COVID-19 pandemic – including an increased risk of whistleblower and retaliation claims. For example, employees may allege they were disciplined or discharged for complaining about misuse of grants or other concerns relating to the use of funds in response to the coronavirus.
In this webinar we will explain how valuable a whistleblower policy and procedure can be for your organization to protect your Federal funds and the relationship you maintain with your funders.
We will review:
- Whistleblower laws
- Policies and procedures to encourage employees to report concerns
- Implications of COVID-19 Crisis for False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalty Law Compliance
The training is suited to recipients managing grants in any federal grant program as well as personnel from nonprofits, local governments, institutions of higher education, and state governments.
- Executive Leadership including CEO's, CFO's and COO's
- Grant Specialists and Administrators
- Personnel involved in internal complaint processes
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand and update procedures for referring or escalating complaints to the appropriate department or individual, and for investigating and addressing concerns.
- Review and revise your organization’s policies and procedures that prohibit retaliation.
- Discuss the benefits of encouraging internal reporting of concerns and whistleblower protection policies.
As Partner and Compliance Counsel with the firm’s health law practice group, Dianne advises health centers on implementing effective compliance programs and on addressing top compliance risk areas. Dianne counsels health centers and other organizations on developing compliance programs that include the OIG’s seven elements, respond to identified compliance risk areas, and reflect the organization’s culture. Dianne also advises health centers and other organizations on patient privacy and confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule and 42 CFR Part 2. She has experience responding to privacy and security incidents, including determining whether there has been a breach, notifying patients and the government, and creating corrective action plans. [Full Bio]
Serving as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Federal Grants, Health Law, and Litigation & Government Investigations practice groups, Kristen represents universities, non-profit and for-profit organizations facing legal actions under Federal health care and grant regulations in addition to the False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalties Laws. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Schwendinger served for nearly eight years as an attorney and senior counsel in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG). [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within five (5) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: The training is suited to recipients managing grants in any federal grant program as well as personnel from nonprofits, local governments, institutions of higher education, and state governments.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to five (5) out of seven (7) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.20 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within five (5) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.