Paying for Healthcare Programs and Services with SLFRF Funds for States and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Provider Subrecipients
This webinar is Part 1 of 3 of the Complex Grant Issues for Recipients and Subrecipients of Treasury’s State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund webinar series. To purchase the full series at a discounted rate, click here.
States and Local Governments have until the end of 2024 to obligate Treasury’s SLFRF program funds. Financing healthcare programs and services figures prominently among the program’s eligible uses and SLFRF awards are likely one of the most flexible pandemic-specific federal relief programs. However, program recipients must understand that, among federal programs, SLFRF funding comes with some familiar strings-attached but also program-specific requirements that are not necessarily obvious to experienced federal healthcare program managers.
Join us for this specialized continuation of our SLFRF program compliance series. In this one-hour webinar we will review the latest guidance on using SLFRF funds to pay for healthcare programs and services and will discuss critical considerations for States and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Provider Subrecipients when using SLFRF funds to support healthcare expenditures.
- Chief Executives and Chief Legal Officers in State and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Healthcare Facility SLFRF subrecipients
- Legal, Finance and Budget Office Personnel in State and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Provider SLFRF subrecipients
- Directors of Legal Affairs and Attorneys involved in subawarding or subcontracting FRF funds in State and Local Governments, as well as Health Centers and Other Provider SLFRF subrecipients
- Other Fiscal Recovery Fund Grant Specialists, Managers and Administrators in State and Local Government, Health Centers and Other Healthcare Facility SLFRF subrecipients
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss SLFRF program guidance critical to healthcare programs and services
- Address beneficiary responsibilities vs. subrecipient responsibilities in supporting healthcare services with SLFRF
- Discuss blending SLFRF funds with funds awarded under other federal programs
- Review compliance strategies for direct expenditures or subawards to support healthcare services with SLFRF
- Understand the implications of opting to finance healthcare programs or services by using the lost revenue replacement SLFRF category vs. using the public health and negative economic impact SLFRF use category
Phillip is Senior Counsel in the firm’s Federal Grants and Health Law practice groups. A native of Puerto Rico, Phillip’s bilingual, nationwide practice serves non-profit organizations, municipalities, local government agencies, and other federal grantees. Prior to joining Feldesman Tucker, Phillip ran a practice from San Juan which spanned corporate, business, public policy, government and contract law, and included contested matters and appeals before state and federal courts. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.20 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 3 of the 5 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Chief Executives and Chief Legal Officers in State and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Healthcare Facility SLFRF subrecipients; Legal, Finance and Budget Office Personnel in State and Local Governments, Health Centers and Other Provider SLFRF subrecipients; Directors of Legal Affairs and Attorneys involved in subawarding or subcontracting FRF funds in State and Local Governments, as well as Health Centers and Other Provider SLFRF subrecipients; Other Fiscal Recovery Fund Grant Specialists, Managers and Administrators in State and Local Government, Health Centers and Other Healthcare Facility SLFRF subrecipients
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to three (3) out of five (5) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.00 Certificate of Attendance
This webinar is Part 3 of 3 of the Complex Grant Issues for Recipients and Subrecipients of Treasury’s State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund webinar series. To purchase the full series at a discounted rate, click here.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.