Federally Funded Information Technology
In the early months of the coronavirus pandemic, many federally funded organizations invested in information technology (“IT”), both for purposes of remote service delivery and continuity of workforce operations. Even in “normal” times, federal funds are often used directly or indirectly for IT infrastructure as well as for development or acquisition of program-service-related systems. The use of federal funds to acquire IT triggers considerations ranging from prior approvals for capital acquisitions, sustainability strategies that are compliant with the federal procurement standards, and even ownership of intellectual property when developing new systems. Join FTLF Partner Scott S. Sheffler to examine these issues and how they may impact your strategic planning when purchasing and maintaining IT with federal funds.
The On-Demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- CEOs/ Directors
- Fiscal Staff
- Compliance Directors
- Procurement Personnel
- Other grants management staff
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Navigate federal procurement standards requirements relevant to sustaining long term systems;
- Manage requirements related to federally funded property that can impact strategies related IT system acquisition and development; and
- Understand the interrelationship of various federal funding considerations to minimize burden in managing federally funded IT.
A Partner with the firm in the Federal Grants and Health Law practice groups, Scott advises clients on matters of federal grant law, government contract law, and health care law. Scott assists clients with the myriad requirements that apply upon acceptance of federal grant funding, including the administrative requirements and cost principles established in the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars that preceded the Uniform Guidance, and program-specific statutory and regulatory funding conditions. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.50 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 5 of the 7 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within seven (7) business days.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs/ Directors, Fiscal Staff, Compliance Directors, Procurement Personnel, Other grants management staff
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to five (5) out of seven (7) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.25 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.50 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 180 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.