COVID-19 Fraud: The Impact of the Government’s New Enforcement Priorities
Join attorneys Kathy S. Ghiladi and Mindy B. Pava to discuss the government’s recent, enhanced efforts to combat and prevent COVID-19 pandemic-related fraud. The U.S. Department of Justice formed a COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force in May 2021 to tackle issues relating to the CARES Act awards and Payment Protection Program (PPP) loans, but the task force’s activity level has skyrocketed recently. For health centers and other non-profits that received pandemic-related funding, how should these entities monitor whether the government may now consider them to be enforcement targets? In this training, Ms. Ghiladi and Ms. Pava will cover the types of enforcement matters that the DOJ’s task force is pursuing, provide newsworthy examples and offer guidance for federally-funded entities as to whether their pandemic-related loans could be at risk.
The on-demand version of this webinar will be available for purchase one week after the conclusion of the live webinar.
- CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs
- Risk Managers/Compliance Officers
- Grant Managers
- In-House Legal Counsel
- Non-profits that received COVID-19 federal funding
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Translate the DOJ’s COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force’s recent enforcement priorities and investigations to your own receipt (and use) of federal funds under the CARES Act and PPP loan program
- Identify non-compliance and risk areas through forming a better understanding of example enforcement targets
- Discuss potential future target areas and next steps for the COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force
- Determine areas in which your compliance program may be strengthened
Kathy Ghiladi is a Partner in the firm's health care practice group. Her practice focuses on government-sponsored health care programs such as Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act, with an emphasis on payment/reimbursement and compliance related issues. Kathy also represents clients in government investigations and audits, litigation before federal and state courts, as well as in administrative appeals with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Departmental Appeals Board (DAB) and Provider Reimbursement Review Board (PRRB). She provides reimbursement counseling (including identification, reporting, and repayment of overpayments) with respect to Medicare, Medicaid, and private third-party payors. [Full Bio]
Mindy serves as Counsel in the firm’s Litigation & Government Investigations, Health Care and Education practice groups, where she focuses her practice on advising federal grantees (including health centers) as they navigate all facets of administrative and judicial review. A seasoned litigator, she also represents organizations in health care and other industries in responding to civil investigative demands and federal subpoenas. [Full Bio]
Participants can earn up to 1.80 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications upon completion of all course requirements.
ATTENDEE REQUIREMENTS FOR CPE CREDIT
If you purchase CPE credit for this webinar you must satisfy the following conditions in order to receive your certificate:
- Answer at least 6 of the 8 polling questions during the webinar
- Complete the evaluation survey after the conclusion of the webinar or in the follow-up email
Upon completion of these requirements, FTLF will email you your CPE Certificate within two (2) weeks.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CFOs, Risk Managers/Compliance Officers, Grant Managers, In-House Legal Counsel, Non-profits that received COVID-19 federal funding
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Attendance Requirements: In order to be awarded the full credits, you must respond to six (6) out of eight (8) polling questions.
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org (formerly www.learningmarket.org).
- 1.50 Certificate of Attendance
- 1.80 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Access to the recorded version of this webinar is included in your purchase.
ACCESSING THE RECORDING
The recorded version of this webinar will be available within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of the live event. You will have access to the recording for 90 days after the live webinar has concluded. Once posted to your account, you can view this webinar anytime on-demand during the access period identified in the Recorded Webinar Now Available email. For additional information on viewing and accessing webinars, view our full terms and conditions here.
All registrations made the day of a live webinar must be completed using a credit card or PayPal. We do not accept check payments or purchase orders for live webinars on the day of the webinar. If you wish to pay by check, please register in enough time for your check to reach our office; we must receive your check before we grant access to the webinar. If we receive your check after the live webinar, we will grant you access to the recorded webinar. For the most current information, please visit our FAQ page.
For orders of live webinars, FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations requested at least one week PRIOR to the live webinar. We do not provide refunds for no-shows; however, you may request access to the recorded version of the webinar. If you ordered the wrong webinar and need to transfer your registration to a different program, please Contact Us. View our full policy on refunds and cancellations on our FAQ page.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.