Allowable Costs, Cost Allocation, and Indirect Cost Rates
This webinar is part of FTLF's Federal Funding Academy series and discusses cost fundamentals as they pertain to the expenditure of funds by federal grant recipients.
The federal rules relating to allowable costs, cost allocation, and indirect cost rates are conceptually straightforward, but sometimes hard to apply to real-world business structures and scenarios.
This session will start with the foundation of cost allowability, including both the basic threshold requirements for all allowable costs, and the concepts behind the more specific restriction applied to certain expenditures under the federal cost principles “selected items of cost.” Then, we will move on to the importance of allowability for expenditures made with program income, as well as the extent to which the government may have an interest in certain amounts obtained through refunds, rebates, and other returns as “applicable credits.”
Other key topics will include:
- The “allowable cost” framework applicable to grant-funded expenditures;
- “New” requirements and flexibilities set forth in the Uniform Guidance;
- The de minimis rate and requirements for passthrough-entities related to subrecipient rates; and
- The role of federally approved indirect cost rate agreements.
- CEOs/ Directors
- Fiscal Staff
- Compliance Directors
- Other grants management staff
After this webinar participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of cost principles as they pertain to the expenditure of funds by federal grant recipients;
- Describe how indirect cost rates work and how rate agreements are negotiated; and
- Identify what is and is not an allowable cost.
- 1.25 Certificate of Attendance
Please note: All registrations made within 3 hours of the live webinar must be completed using a credit card.
- No refunds for no-shows; however if requested, registrant can have access to the recorded version of the webinar.
- FTLF will issue a full refund for cancellations within at least one week prior to the LIVE webinar. No refunds will be provided for on-demand webinars.
- FTLF can accommodate changing the name on a registration to someone else within your organization or transferring the registration to another already-scheduled upcoming live webinar or an on-demand program up to 24 hours prior to the webinar start time.
- Cancellation requests made after the webinar will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the preferred browsers.