In-Depth Look at Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA)
PLEASE NOTE: Day one does not start until 1 pm, with registration beginning at noon.
Many health centers take part in the professional liability coverage offered under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) program. From submitting the initial application for “deeming” status to implementing the program components and preparing for a site visit, the FTCA program can be complicated and confusing.
FTCA coverage depends upon whether the services provided are:
- Within the health center’s 330 approve scope of project?
- Within the scope of employment?
- Provided to health center patients?
The answers to these questions are not simple. They often require legal analysis, interpretation of HRSA documents and detailed understanding of medical malpractice insurance.
Failing to comply with the FTCA program requirements can be costly for health centers and providers who can be left without malpractice insurance.
This two-day innovative and collaborative training lead by FTLF’s FTCA Practice Group Attorneys, Marty Bree, Molly Evans and Matthew Freedus discuss the biggest risks in FTCA coverage for health centers - from risks related to their applications and participation (either deeming or redeeming) in the FTCA program to common concerns around the complex set of rules on which FTCA coverage is based. This training will cover the most up-to-date FTCA "hot issues" that health centers across the country face in the ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Health Center Executive Staff
- Clinical Leadership
- Human Resources Staff
- Understand the Deeming and Redeeming Application process;
- Understand what triggers a FTCA Site Visit and common issues that arise for health centers when these programs are audited;
- Review the Principles of FTCA coverage and discuss common pitfalls and potential liabilities and risks for your health center;
- Review best practices in the FTCA claims process and discuss those actions that could jeopardize coverage for your health center;
- Learn the types of insurance available and the decision-making process a health center needs to use to make an informed decision; and
- Review the history of FTCA Case Law decisions and explain the impact on the health center.
HOTEL OPTIONS FOR ATTENDEES:
- (954) 776-7677
- 2 Minute Drive
- 4 Minute Walk
- (954) 772-3155
- 4 Minute Drive
- 21 Minute Walk
- (954) 772-5400
- 5 Minute Drive
- 20 Minute Walk
- (954) 771-0440
- 5 Minute Drive
- 25 Minute Walk
- (954) 776-9447
- 6 Minute Drive
- 21 Minute Walk
Martin J. Bree
Matthew S. Freedus
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP (FTLF) is the leader in health center law and FTCA training from a legal perspective. FTLF has led trainings across the country for health centers of all sizes. Marty Bree has more than thirty years of experience working with health centers and the FTCA Program. Molly Evans combines her current work on the FTCA program at FTLF with significant experience as in-house counsel for a large health center. Together, Marty Bree and Molly Evans have advised and counseled hundreds of health centers on the day-to-day FTCA-related issues that arise for health centers. Matthew Freedus has litigated on behalf of health centers, and NACHC, on a variety of issues, including denials of deeming applications and the scope of FTCA coverage for malpractice actions brought against health centers and their providers.
A Certificate of Attendance is available for the attendee immediately following the completion of the training by clicking "Launch Course" under the registration tab under the registration tab.
Conference participants can earn up to 11 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executive Staff, Clinical Leadership and Human Resources Staff, but all are welcome.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
- 11.00 Certificate of Attendance
- 11.00 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
- To register for this training for you, login or register with your personal information
- To register for this training for someone else, login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE
- To register for a group of attendees, email Learning@FTLF.com for information on group registration
Cost for this 2 Day Training:
Early bird rate (until November 15): $695 per person
Regular registration (after November 15): $745 per person
FTLF is hosting the Program Requirements Training directly prior to the FTCA this training on December 5 and the morning of December 6. If you are interested in attending both trainings, FTLF is offering a registration discount. To receive this discount, check the box located at the top of this page. Available payment methods include purchase order, check, and credit card. Payment for this live training is due 2 weeks before the start of the event (November 22, 2017). If payment is not received in full 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, your order will be cancelled and you will be denied entrance to the training.
Cancellation Policy for this Event:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
All cancellations prior to November 5, 2017, will receive a full refund.
All cancellation requests received between November 6, 2017 and November 22, 2017 will receive a 50% refund.
All cancellation requests received after November 22, 2017 will not be eligible for a refund.
To cancel your reservation, please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org