De-Mystifying the New Compliance Manual & Its Impact on the Program Requirements
In August 2017, HRSA issued the final Health Center Program Compliance Manual, providing a streamlined and consolidated resource to assist Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) in understanding and demonstrating compliance with their programmatic requirements. The Manual replaces several Policy Information Notices (PINs) and Program Assistance Letters (PALs), merging prior guidance into one document that explains the statutory and regulatory mandates of each requirement, which collectively form the framework of every health center's specific program. The Manual also incorporates a new approach to "everyday compliance," addressing the elements and documentation necessary to verify compliance with each requirement as well as explicit areas of health center flexibility. The Manual has been effective since publication in August 2017.
- Do you have written agreements in place for services provided via contract and/or formal referral and do your agreements include all required provisions?
- Are your providers appropriately credentialed and privileged and do your quality improvement systems meet all current standards?
- Have you fully implemented the sliding fee discount program requirements?
- Have your billing and collection policies struck the balance between maximizing reimbursement and maintaining optimum access?
- Is your financial management system sufficient for accountability purposes?
- Is your Board of Directors exercising all of its authorities and meeting other governance requirements?
Given the potential consequences of non-compliance (including draw-down restrictions and re-competition of your grant), it is crucial that every health center prepare itself by reviewing its knowledge and implementation of all core requirements as described in the Compliance Manual and the Site Visit Protocol.
Join FTLF Partners Marcie Zakheim and Molly Evans for this hands-on training as they walk health centers through the key differences between the prior guidance and the Compliance Manual, focusing on the elements of the requirements, the necessary documentation to verify compliance, and the areas of health center flexibility and discretion that may impact operations. Participants will discuss updates to the on-site assessment process, and explore key hotspots (both old and new) that have emerged from the field regarding governance, administration and finance, as well as “tricks of the trade” from our presenters’ years of experience working with health centers. Whether or not you have an OSV on the horizon, this is a must-attend workshop for establishing an environment and culture of ongoing compliance.
- Health Center Executive Staff
- Clinical Leadership
- Human Resources Staff
- Financial Leadership
But all are welcome!
At this training participants will:
- Understand the key differences between the prior guidance and the new manual and its impact on OSVs.
- Understand the specific steps necessary to demonstrate compliance and areas where health centers retain discretion.
- Learn which PINs and PALs have been replaced by the new manual and which current guidance is still effective.
FTLF has negotiated the discount rate of $199 per night. You can make your reservations online or by calling (800) 774-1500. The discounted rate expires January 20, 2018.
A partner in the firm’s health law practice group, Molly advises health centers on the management of clinical, employment and workforce related risks, with a particular focus on professional liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, and HIPAA matters. From her experience as both in-house counsel to a health center as as a private attorney, Molly knows the importance of managing liability and risk issues in mission-driven organizations. [Full Bio]
Conference participants can earn up to 11 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executive Staff, Clinical Leadership and Human Resources Staff, but all are welcome.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
- 10.00 Certificate of Attendance
Two Trainings in One Trip! Don't miss this opportunity - convenient timing and with a discounted rate!
Don't mIss our Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) training, directly following a lunch break after the Demystifying the New Compliance Manual Program Requirements training. FTCA training will be held in the afternoon of February 28 and all day on March 1.
To receive a discount for attending both trainings, please check the box located at the top of this page.
- To register for this training for you, login or register with your personal information
- To register for this training for someone else, login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE
- To register for a group of attendees, email Learning@FTLF.com for information on group registration
Why do I need to register using the attendee’s login information?
It is essential that each training registration is listed under the actual attendee’s name. This allows FTLF to add important training materials to their account including handouts and training certificates. For questions or issues, contact Learning@FTLF.com.
Available payment methods include purchase order, check, and credit card. Payment for this live training is due 2 weeks before the start of the event. If payment is not received in full 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, your order will be cancelled and you will be denied entrance to the training.
Cost for this 1.5 Day Training:
Early bird rate (until January 26): $695 per person
Regular registration (after January 26): $745 per person
Cancellation Policy for this Event:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
All cancellations prior to January 25, 2018, will receive a full refund.
All cancellation requests received between January 26, 2018 and February 13, 2018 will receive a 50% refund.
All cancellation requests received after February 13, 2018 will not be eligible for a refund.
To cancel your reservation, please send a request in writing to Learning@FTLF.com.