De-Mystifying the New Compliance Manual & Its Impact on the Program Requirements
Over the last few years, HRSA has significantly increased its scrutiny of health centers’ compliance, first with development of the “nineteen (19) health center program requirements” and now with the recent issuance of the Health Center Program Compliance Manual. The Manual offers health centers a streamlined and consolidated resource to assist them in achieving compliance – both on paper as well as in practice – by addressing the elements of each program requirement, criteria for demonstrating compliance, and specific areas of health center flexibility. In practice, the Manual incorporates a new approach to “everyday compliance,” providing both specific compliance standards and explicit areas where health centers retain discretion to tailor their programs appropriately.
Eventually, the Compliance Manual along with an as of yet unpublished assessment protocol will form the new basis for the Operational Site Visits (OSVs). While the “tools” may change, the impact on the health center operation remains the same:
- Do you have written agreements in place for services provided via contract and/or formal referral and do your agreements include all required provisions?
- Are your providers appropriately credentialed and privileged and do your quality improvement systems meet all current standards?
- Have you fully implemented the sliding fee discount program requirements?
- Have your billing and collection policies struck the balance between maximizing reimbursement and maintaining optimum access?
- Is your financial management system sufficient for accountability purposes?
- Is your Board of Directors exercising all of its authorities and meeting other governance requirements?
Given the potential consequences of non-compliance (including draw-down restrictions and re-competition of your grant), it is crucial that every health center prepare itself by reviewing its knowledge and implementation of all core requirements as described in the new Compliance Manual.
Join Marcie Zakheim from FTLF and Warren Brodine, trusted health center advisor, for this hands-on training as they walk health centers through the requirements, compliance elements and areas of discretion addressed in the Compliance Manual (and the OSV review process in general), identify key hotspots (both old and new) that have emerged from the field regarding governance, administration and finance, and offer participants “tricks of the trade” from our presenters’ years of experience working with health centers. Whether or not you have an OSV on the horizon, this is a must attend workshop!
- Health Center Executive Staff
- Clinical Leadership
- Human Resources Staff
But all are welcome!
At this training participants will:
- Understand the key differences between the prior guidance and the new manual and its impact on OSVs.
- Understand the specific steps necessary to demonstrate compliance and areas where health centers retain discretion.
- Learn which PINs and PALs have been replaced by the new manual and which current guidance is still effective.
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
HOTEL OPTIONS FOR ATTENDEES:
- (954) 776-7677
- 2 Minute Drive
- 4 Minute Walk
- (954) 772-3155
- 4 Minute Drive
- 21 Minute Walk
- (954) 772-5400
- 5 Minute Drive
- 20 Minute Walk
- (954) 771-0440
- 5 Minute Drive
- 25 Minute Walk
- (954) 776-9447
- 6 Minute Drive
- 21 Minute Walk
Conference participants can earn up to 11 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Audience: Health Center Executive Staff, Clinical Leadership and Human Resources Staff, but all are welcome.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: All
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
- 11.00 CPEFTLF is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
- To register for this training for you, login or register with your personal information
- To register for this training for someone else, login with the ATTENDEE’S login information or create an account for the ATTENDEE
- To register for a group of attendees, email Learning@FTLF.com for information on group registration
Why do I need to register using the attendee’s login information?
It is essential that each training registration is listed under the actual attendee’s name. This allows FTLF to add important training materials to their account including handouts and training certificates. For questions or issues, contact Learning@FTLF.com.
Available payment methods include purchase order, check, and credit card. Payment for this live training is due 2 weeks before the start of the event. If payment is not received in full 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, your order will be cancelled and you will be denied entrance to the training.
Cost for this 2 Day Training:
Early bird rate (until November 15): $695 per person
Regular registration (after November 15): $745 per person
FTLF is hosting the FTCA training directly following this training on the afternoon of December 6 and all day December 7. If you are interested in attending both trainings, FTLF is offering a registration discount. To receive this discount, check the box located at the top of this page.
Cancellation Policy for this Event:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
All cancellations prior to November 5, 2017, will receive a full refund.
All cancellation requests received between November 6, 2017 and November 22, 2017 will receive a 50% refund.
All cancellation requests received after November 22, 2017 will not be eligible for a refund.
To cancel your reservation, please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.